*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322401-Im-a-girls-girl-Here-is-why
Rated: 18+ · Article · Opinion · #2322401
Feminism issues
Being a woman is full of daily struggles and overlooked problems mental health is down played to a fault the process of just becoming a woman is quite literally a gut wrenching battlefield. Everything is expected with a smile on your face the grace and class that is expected while a man will fart in public and be called a comedian. To say the battle of the sexes is a war won by men alone is an understatement. We are cat called and expected to be grateful for the attention, we are told to smile by strangers on a daily basis at even at work. The unsaid truth is why are you staring at my mouth so much would you say this to another man? And if not you are proving my point. I have been sexually harassed my whole life as a child as a teenager as an adult. So when I find a rare breed of women that is a girls... girl. It's a beautiful thing the only problem is that we ourselves make it a rare thing by making each-other competition. We tell each other on a daily basis that we can not stand each other while men will "bro" it out for no reason. It takes a fist bump and a burp to become "bros" so why do we make it so complicated for each other. I always stand on my feminism because at the end of the day it is human rights but in this world women are the ones who suffer the most. So the "brand" becomes the mission statement. Women's rights. I have had men yell things at me about men not being all bad the irony that they are harassing a stranger is always lost on the predictor. And am I saying all men? No.. I'm saying predatory behavior is only displayed outright by predictors. I'm walking down the street with another woman and we hear cat calls and random nonsense and could this be the same woman who says she hates all other women. Not for me. I keep my girls.. Girls close and safe. I love the idea and practice of women sticking together and fighting for one another. If you are calling your sisters in life beautiful amazing powerful then what are you doing with life. As a woman you are a woman. Should you have a daughter and how would you look that little girl in the face and say neither of us deserve all the happiness and protection in the world. Everyone deserves to be safe happy and respected something they teach in elementary school. Human rights equals women's rights and vice versa.

I can't spell... and as always stay tuned...

Chaotic Evil
© Copyright 2024 Chaotic Evil (evilchaotic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322401-Im-a-girls-girl-Here-is-why