*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322394-Class-1-Anomaly
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Folklore · #2322394
We have been adding more sensors to orbit and the data is sometimes confusing...
I can't tell you who I work for or what I do specifically but you can say I work with data. Lots and lots of data. Knowing how to search that data and what questions to ask is the difference between being overwhelmed with data and data mining for useful information. One of the things that we can record is the patterns on trails and being able to tell if someone is walking one way or another with more weight, or just moving one direction more than the other. Modern roads make that much harder but you still get certain wear and tear patterns that show which way is more popular. The difference between one direction and the other can be called a delta and if you have the computers search for deltas over a crazy limit, you should stop getting alerts over that search. At least that is what I assumed.

Two different alerts both came up within 500 miles of each other. Both alerts were over the 50 to 1 limit I had placed on the travel direction indicator. Both had pegged the program as the maximum certainty of one-direction travel only. The one path went into a valley and never came out. The other was a massive amount of people coming out of a cave in the same mountain range. The exit path was triple the entering path.

It took a few weeks of searching but I found accounts of Indigenous people surviving disaster by taking refuge from an underground group of people. If your ancestors claimed they once lived with Ant-Eyed People, they were speaking the truth.
© Copyright 2024 Jeffhans (jeffhans at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322394-Class-1-Anomaly