*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322343-The-tears-of-Chandrapur
by Tanvi
Rated: E · Short Story · Community · #2322343
Respect and cherish the resources that sustain us
In a village named Chandrapur, there were numerous homes, each with its own land used for farming. A popular river flowed exactly at the center of the village, dividing it and serving as the lifeblood for their fields. Everyone relied on the river's water for drinking and other purposes. The river selflessly provided for the villagers, becoming an integral part of their happiness. Helping others was its favorite and most fulfilling task.

One day, a boy threw a packet of biscuits into the river, making it sad. Despite this, the river forgave the child, understanding he was just a child. However, when a man threw garbage into the river, other villagers followed suit, polluting it with garbage, plastic bottles, wrappers, and more.

The once-pure water became polluted, and the river grew despondent. It lamented how despite its selfless service, the villagers repaid it with pollution. As the sole water source for the village, the river's contamination affected everything from cooking to irrigating fields.

After some time, the plants and crops began to wither, and children fell ill. The river was disheartened. Though it wanted to continue helping, the villagers' mistreatment left it powerless to do so.

The villagers refused to acknowledge their mistake, instead blaming each other and continuing to pollute. As a result, the river overflowed, destroying the fields completely.

Depressed and without clean water for drinking, cooking, or irrigation, the villagers realized their grave error. But it was too late; their fields were ruined, leaving them without income, and their families starving and ill.

Moral of the story: Respect and cherish the resources that sustain us, for taking them for granted can lead to irreversible consequences.
© Copyright 2024 Tanvi (tanvipawale7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322343-The-tears-of-Chandrapur