*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322269-Sharing-is-Caring
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest · #2322269
be open to those that you love
“I saw it with my own eyes!”
James stared at Jenny with disbelief.
“Now why would they do that?” He asked.
Jenny scoffed, rolled her eyes and shook her head.
“I know what I saw!
“That seems a little too far-fetched. I don’t see why they would do that,” He interjected.
Jenny threw her hands up in the air. She was desperate. She needed him to believe her.
“I can prove it to you!”
James crossed his arms over his chest.
Without any further words Jenny went to the freezer and reached for the frozen meatloaf. She opened it and stared inside. She gasped for a moment. Their eyes met. James watched as she smiled. She was about to rock his world. She handed him the box.
“Take a look!” She said.
James looked in the box. His mouth dropped. His anger took over.
“Why would they do that to us? This isn’t meat loaf!” James cried out in disbelief!
“That’s just what they want us to think.”
“Why? I thought…” He stammered.
“They want us to share?! ‘Sharing is caring!’ Jenny mocked: “And yet, here is the proof that they lie!”
James felt betrayed. Then an idea emerged.
“There is only one thing to do,” James said. He reached inside the box.
“What are you doing?”
James stared at his sister and smiled. “What mom and dad want us to do.” He pulled two out two ice cream pops: “Share.”
They sat and ate their ice cream in silence, enjoying their victory.


WC: 253
© Copyright 2024 Serena Blade (letyv1981 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322269-Sharing-is-Caring