*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322258-Kileys-Story
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Animal · #2322258
My cat's life story, told from her POV. Written for the Pet News contest
Hello! My name is Kiley. My name means "graceful and beautiful", which is fitting for me. I am a very happy grey tabby living with my human. We have been together almost two years!

I found myself in a rescue organization because my first parents got a divorce and couldn't keep me any more. A kind lady took me in but couldn't keep me because she was allergic to me. Then the love of my life came along. Their old cat had passed away and they needed something to love, care for, and be needed by. They came in my enclosure and petted me and loved on me. I rolled over on my back to say, "I trust you!" They applied to take me and got approved. We went home a few days later. Third time's the charm!

That is how I adopted my human!

They adore me and feed me good food. They give me lots of love - sometimes more than I want. They also give me lots of toys to play with. I love my "meow-tain" that has three levels of balls I can bat around. I also like my play tunnel that my human's friend gave me for my birthday. (I get my own birthday party every year!) I like to sit with my front half in it and my rump sticking out. I like to hang out in boxes, laundry baskets and even the tub. I also like to chill on the dresser and block my human's view of the alarm clock. I have my own bed but I usually prefer to share my human's bed.

While I am sweet and good-natured most of the time, I get grumpy if I have to go to the vet. Fortunately I don't have to do that very often.

My first parents taught me how to use the toilet, but since moving in with my human I have been good at using my litter box. I am playful and outgoing and welcome my human with "Meow! Meow!" whenever they come home from work. I say it so loud that they can hear it from outside! I love it when my human comes home and am happiest when they are there. If it were up to me, they would never leave!

My human and I are planning to be together for the rest of my life so I will never be homeless again. Hopefully we have many years left together. We are definitely in love!

word count: 418
© Copyright 2024 The Puppet Master (puppetmaster84 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322258-Kileys-Story