*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322246-They-And-Them
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Sci-fi · #2322246
A woman is sure there are aliens on earth disguised as humans. 300 words
They And Them


“That’s just what they want you to think.”

The psychologist looked at the patient strapped in the bed. A slight, plain woman with long, stark white hair and piercing violet eyes; she both fascinated and repelled him.

“Who are the ‘they’? “

Barb Teller stared at him shrewdly.

“You know, everyone knows!”

“I do? I might be said to know a lot of things. Enlighten me.”

Barb got a sneaky and sly look in her eyes.

“You may be one, for all I know!”

“I assure you I’m not.”

“If you were, it would be the first thing you’d say!”

“Let’s try again. When did you first encounter the ‘they’ you’re talking about?”

“Years ago, now.”

“What happened?”

“What always happens with them.”

“For instance?”

“I’m going through life happily, minding my own business when...”

“Yes?” the doctor urged.

“You’re one of them, aren’t you? I won’t let you do that to me again! Leave me alone!”

Abruptly, Barb began thrashing against her restraints and screaming with a wild look in her eyes. The doctor administered a sedative quickly. When she had quieted, he left the hospital room.

He walked swiftly down the hall to the director’s office. Tapping lightly on the door, he stepped inside and closed it again.

The doctor sat down and stared at the director.

“The experiment must stop! We have enough data to figure out an invasion plan. Time to go home now!”

The hospital director stared at him until he rose into the air. His face turned puce; and he began fighting against lack of air.

“Have you forgotten already that I am the leader of this recon mission. You may be gone if you wish, but I have more work to do here and I can do it without you!”
© Copyright 2024 dragonwoman (draygonlayd60 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322246-They-And-Them