*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322186-The-morphs-Part-2-Whispers-of-The-Past
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Dark · #2322186
This story is not written by me. It is written by AI
Disclaimer

This story is a work of fiction.
Also it is written by AI, not me. Everything except this disclaimer




The morphs

Part 2: Whispers of The Past



I stood there frozen, unable to move as the realization of my actions hit me like a ton of bricks. My wife was right in front of me, accusing me of the most heinous crimes. I couldn't even look her in the eyes, filled with guilt and shame. The memories of my dark past flooded my mind, making me feel sick to my stomach.
My wife's figure slowly started to morph into something else, something more sinister. Her eyes turned black, and her skin started to peel off, revealing a grotesque creature underneath. I stumbled back, trying to keep my distance from this monster that used to be my wife.
The creature let out a deafening screech, and suddenly, my sons appeared from behind her. They were no longer the innocent kids I used to know, but instead, they too had transformed into hideous creatures, just like their mother.
I knew I had to defend myself, but my shotgun was powerless against them. Every shot I fired seemed to have no effect, and I could feel the creatures closing in on me. Suddenly, I remembered something my wife had said.
"Remember how much pain you made me suffer through?"
I realized that I had caused all of this pain and suffering, and at that moment, I knew what I had to do. I dropped my shotgun and faced the creatures, ready to accept my fate.
But instead of attacking me, the creatures slowly started to shrink and transform back into their original forms. My sons were crying, and my wife looked at me with a mix of sadness and forgiveness.
"I forgive you," she said softly. "But you must pay for your sins. You will carry this guilt with you for the rest of your life."
And with that, the creatures disappeared, leaving me alone in the dark. I knew that my life would never be the same, but I also knew that I had been given a second chance. A chance to make things right and to atone for my past sins.



© Copyright 2024 U' Will (william123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322186-The-morphs-Part-2-Whispers-of-The-Past