*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322097-Strong-Beginning
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #2322097
Something I made for homework. Title says it all.
Call me Jonah. It's not my name, but it's what everyone's been calling me lately. Maybe I should explain.

It started a few days ago. I was taking the day off work to go fishing. I always go fishing to relax and I really needed it that day. With the divorce and my husband threatening to take the house from me, I was really getting stressed. But that's getting off topic.

I was relaxing on my boat, just enjoying the sound of the waves, the slow rocking, and the gentle warmth of the sun. The fish weren't interested. All the better for me, it meant I could let my worries get washed away with the view. Seriously, if you haven't sat on a boat and looked out at the ocean, I recommend trying it. The crystal blue waters have a way of making all your problems seem insignificant.

I must have fallen asleep at some point because next thing I know, the sun's getting close to the horizon. Not that I noticed, I was too concerned with whatever hit my boat and woke me. I got my answer fairly quick when a massive pearly white fin came up, and splashed back down hard enough to throw me overboard.

I barely had time to register what was going on when I saw what the fin belonged to, the biggest sperm whale I'd ever seen. Technically it was the first sperm whale I'd ever seen, in person anyway. Trust me though, they look far bigger in real life. If you haven't already guessed what happened, it ate me. Yeah, and now you know why people call me Jonah.

I don't know had long I was in there but when I saw light again, I was somehow on a whaling boat. That's when my troubles really began.
© Copyright 2024 John Johnny Johnson (l0v3rs2g3tha at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322097-Strong-Beginning