*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321985-Toodles
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #2321985
Fairies mingle with humans
"You did it! You built this vibrant garden, and now they are showing up in droves, Jessa. Great job. I'm impressed."

"Thank you. It's amazing how many fairies there are. I always assumed a few would show up, being attracted to the colorful flower displays, but never in my wildest dreams did I think hundreds of these little creatures would overrun the garden."

"If you built a few more around the city, they all would be buzzing with activity. Just look at them flitting around, enjoying this amazing display."

"Perhaps, Penelope, but don't you think there's charm in having something unique? I like the idea of a one-of-a-kind offering."

"Are you telling me that this is it? That all of that creative genius you've got going on is a one-and-done type of thing? If you are going for something unique, then I'm positive you can achieve that."

"And just how do you suggest I do that?"

"This one is filled with flower arrangements. I do so love the bouquets of roses and daisies. Take that plot of tulips surrounding the fountain over there; it's exquisite. Think shrubs, flowering bushes. Or greenery. Palm trees. Whatever your heart desires."

The devil had a point. "Hmm, I did have my eye on a couple of Blue Chinese Wisteria trees. If the layout is squared, they could fill the corners, say three at each corner as anchor points, and fill in by complimenting colors in Weigalas and Azaelas."

"See! I knew you would come up with something brilliant. I've got to run, more property to purchase. I'll expect plans on my desk tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? Penelope, wait. I cannot possibly design an entire theme overnight."

"You can, and you will. Toodles."

"Toodles. Who the hell says toodles anymore?"

"Fairies, dear. Fairies."

"Great, now I'm hearing things."

"No, just not seeing the whole picture."

"Which is what?"

"Humans are so closed-minded. You asked who says toodles, I told you, and yet you pass that given information by like I have said nothing."

"Are you trying to tell me that Penelope is a fairy? That she is having me create all these fairy gardens for her because..."

"She's a fairy? You said it."

"Good lord, now I'm talking to fairies, myself, or just losing my mind. It's a toss-up."

"Oh, dear, you really are not taking this well. Perhaps you should sit a spell on the wonderfully crafted cement bench by the rose garden."

"Ya think?"

"I do. Toodles."







WC: 414
Prompt: You make a fairy garden and fairies actually show up.
Written for: "The Dialogue 500"   by W.D.Wilcox June 2024





© Copyright 2024 Purple Princess (purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321985-Toodles