*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321982-Chap2--Real-and-Unreal-Mental-Illness-A
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Mystery · #2321982
In this bittersweet world, why is the human suicide rate so low at only 0.02%?
On April 1, the eve of the five-day public holiday, the queue outside the Dalian Hospital was extremely long.

Among the crowd, there were two uninvited guests, Liang Wanzhen and her cousin Ma Xinru.

Ma Xin is now almost 30 years old and used to be a housewife. She had just divorced four months ago and was unemployed at home.

Because Wanzhen was persistent in her suspicion of "Dalian Hospital", she invited her cousin Ma Xinru to pretend to be a mental patient and seek medical treatment to investigate the situation in the hospital.

"Wow! It turns out that there are many mental patients in Hong Kong. There are so many people queuing up, and it takes a lot of waiting time." Wanzhen looked at the long queue.

"Zhen... I'm... a little scared..." Xinru next to her held Wan Zhen's hand tightly, still trembling.

"Cousin, don't be afraid, just treat it as if you are acting in a play and come here for a psychological examination." Wanzhen patted the back of her hand.

"…"

"After all, you just divorced and you don't have a job. You stay at home with nothing to do all day long. You should do something to relieve your boredom!" Wanzhen continued to comfort Xinru.

"But... I'm worried about what might happen..." Xinru still showed fear.

"Don't worry, this is a large-scale hospital after all. They can't do anything to you. As long as you don't take the medicine given by the hospital, you should be fine." Wanzhen comforted her with kind words.

"Zhen...but...I'm not mentally ill. It would be terrible if they found out that I was pretending to be a patient..." Xinru kept her voice low for fear that the people around her would hear what she said.

"Cousin, didn't you remember what I said that it is difficult to diagnose mental illness?" Wanzhen also replied in a low voice.

"But..." Xinru looked worried.

"Besides, I have read many books about mental illness before. Just remember the symptoms of 'mental depression' and talk to the doctor," Wanzhen reminded Xinru.

"Even that... I'm still scared!" Xinru couldn't hide her panic.

"I'm helping you, so what are you afraid of?" Wanzhen held Xinru's hand tightly.

"…”

"Look, it's our turn to get soon." Wanzhen and Xinru arrive at the outpatient department.

After the two got their tickets at the outpatient department, they went outside the designated ward to wait for diagnosis and treatment.

Seeing that Xinru would have to wait for a while to see a doctor, Wanzhen took the opportunity to inspect the surroundings of the hospital, leaving her alone to wait.

The interior of Dalian Hospital is not much different from that of ordinary hospitals.

The most outstanding feature is the giant Buddha statue standing in the centre of the lobby. This is the characteristic of " Dairen Shoshu".

The Buddha statue is a solemn object, but when Wanzhen looked up at the Buddha statue, it failed to make her feel calm and peaceful.

Instead, Wanzhen felt an indescribable and strange feeling of fear, which made her believe that there must be something wrong with this hospital.

* * * * * * * *

"Dean, the second phase of the plan has been completed and has achieved results." In the dark room, Kimura made another report.

"Well, Kimura, what's the result?" the Dean asked.

"Our instrument that converts brain waves from beta band to alpha band is close to the 'log'. Two of the 'log' committed suicide less than fifteen minutes after the instrument was started." Kimura reported.

What Kimura is talking about seems to be the suicides of Fang Qiaoer, a female student from Wong Tai Sin Village, and Ms. Ho, the proprietress of Po Wu Road market in Tai Po.

"Okay!" The Dean praised.

"Another 'log' also committed suicide by taking medicine within thirty minutes and was rescued in time... However, it can still be proved that the instrument is very effective and can quickly destroy the 'immortal gene' and let 'log' to commit suicide." Kimura said It should be the incident involving Mr Zhou.

"Very good! Very good!... Kawasaki, when can the third phase of the plan be carried out." The Dean was satisfied with the progress.

"Report to the dean, the current technology can only use instruments at close range to make the 'log' equipped with the brainwave transceiver chip commit suicide," Kawasaki reported to the Dean.

"Can it be improved?" the Dean asked.

"If we want to further expand the distance and affect people who are not equipped with brainwave transceivers... I'm afraid it will take a long time to develop technology." Kawasaki said the difficulty

"Let's focus on the function of the instrument first and improve it to be able to affect ordinary people who are not equipped with brainwave transceivers. Later, we will study the scope of expanding the effective distance." The Dean gave the instruction.

"Yes!" Kawasaki bowed.

Crack...snap...

At this moment, the dark room was suddenly illuminated by a strong light, and everyone in the meeting was shocked!

The mastermind who had been hiding in the shadows, Dean Tianwu Ying Yang was truly exposed for the first time.

Tianwu Yingyang's hair was all white and his eyes were bright, just like an emperor!

Dean Tianwu was also the old man who used death to solve the young man's problems at Tokyo Narita International Airport three years ago.

The participants calmed down a little and found that someone had opened the conference room door.

That person was Liang Wanzhen who was inspecting the surroundings of Dalian Hospital.

During the investigation, Wanzhen walked down to the lower basement of the hospital, accidentally hit the ground, opened the door and entered the heartland she wanted to trace.

Everyone in the conference room stared at Wanzhen unkindly, and the atmosphere was tense!

Although Wanzhen was extremely uncomfortable being stared at by everyone, she did not forget to look back at each other. She saw the name tags on everyone, including Dean Tianwu Ying Yang and other names...

Even Wanzhen herself could not have expected that she would easily bump into the person she wanted to track down here.

However, at this moment, Wanzhen was just anxiously thinking about how to get out of trouble and had no time to take care of other things.

" I'm sorry for disturbing everyone, I'm just... looking for the restroom,..." Wanzhen knew that the atmosphere was bad, so to avoid making people suspicious, she immediately calmed down with her words in an attempt to solve the dilemma.

"Miss, the public restroom is on the upper floor." Ryumoto Taro who knew Chinese at the scene, responded immediately.

Ryumoto's reaction was much calmer than the others, and his answers were more polite.

"...because too many people used the restroom today and it took a long time to wait, so I went to this floor to find another restroom." Since Ryumoto did not respond with hostility, Wanzhen's nervousness eased slightly and she was able to come up with a more reasonable excuse.

"There is no public restroom on this floor. Go back to the upper floor." Ryumoto also looked at Wanzhen.

"Yes...yes, I...go back to the upper floor...Sorry to bother you all." Wanzhen secretly thanked Ryumoto for helping her out, hurriedly closed the door and left.

After walking out of the conference room, Wanzhen stuck out her tongue. Knowing that she was almost in danger, she broke into the high-level conference room of the Dean and had the closest contact with the person she identified as the "conspiracy".

After Wanzhen left, everyone in the room was still discussing the situation.

"Why is this so?" Dean Tianwu Yingyang was exposed. He seemed extremely unhappy and his face darkened.

"Dean...I'm sorry, it might be my fault, I forgot to lock the door." Kimura admitted that it was his mistake.

"Kimura! This is a serious mistake!" The Dean looked sharply at Kimura.

"…”

"Don't happen again." The Dean sternly reprimanded Kimura.

"Yes...yes, Dean." Kimura bowed repeatedly to the Dean and the attendees.
© Copyright 2024 patrickcmk (patrickcmk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321982-Chap2--Real-and-Unreal-Mental-Illness-A