*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321981-Tea-Party
Rated: E · Fiction · Mythology · #2321981
Child vs Fairy
”And then we put the fairy house next to Blue Stone River and it’s done!”

“What’s done?”

“A fairy garden. For you. You’re a fairy, right?”

“Good guess, kid. Nice to meet someone who doesn’t freak out when I pop into view. Still, there seems to be something missing in this garden of yours.”

“I followed the ‘structions exactly. Look, see the book? I got everything on the list. The tiny mushrooms, the river, the house, the moss and twig path, the wooden table and chairs…”

“Sure, reminds me of home, kid. But your book forgot a couple of things.”

“Like what?”

“Don’t look so grumpy. You keep scowling like that and your face will stick that way. Happens to the trolls all the time. Look, the house is missing twinkly lights. Even a child knows a fairy needs lights!”

“I am a child.”

“Then you should know!”

“Fine! What else is missing, since you’re so smart!”

“Thank you for the compliment. The table is missing something important. Something...delicious.”

“Are you staring at my cupcake? Mama gave that to me to eat outside.”

“It’d make a great tea time treat.”

“I dunno…”

“I’m small. I don’t eat much. Besides, feeding a fairy a delicious cupcake is supposed to bring good luck or a wish or some mumbo jumbo.”

“Really?”

“Sure, sure. It’s in a the Fairy Guidebook Laws or something. Pretty sure I read it on page forty-two, section nine.”

“Well, I guess I could share—”

“Wonderful! Just plop it on that table and...”

“You just gobbled up my cupcake! I thought you said you were too small to eat much!”

“Don’t be such a baby, it’s normal for a fairy to have a healthy cupcake appetite.”

“Fine. Since you ate my snack, you owe me a wish.”

“A wish? What are you babbling on about?”

“You said you’d give me a wish for my cupcake! It’s in the Fairy rules!”

“What an active imagination you human children have!”

“Don’t laugh at me!”

“Well, don’t stomp at me like a Minotaur! Hey! Let go of my wings! This is not the way you treat a fairy!”

“A promise is a promise! If you don’t give me my wish I’ll...I’ll…”

“Wait! Don’t you dare put me in that jar! Look, I might have, well, exaggerated just a teeny bit when I said I could give you a wish. But I’ll tell you what, since I ate your snack how about I bring you to the fairy realm for a proper tea party?”

“You can do that?”

“It’s pretty simple magic.”

“Then let’s go!”

“Okay. It’ll be a few hundred years before I can bring you back, of course. Say goodbye to the human world—”

“Wait. What?

“And hello to the fairy kingdom!”





Tea and Scones
© Copyright 2024 Genipher (geniphery at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321981-Tea-Party