*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321944-Dont-Wanna-Hear-It
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Family · #2321944
Micah and Michelle disagree. 300 words
Don't Wanna Hear It


Micah Jones walked into his family’s living room. If you could have seen his face, you’d have known he was bursting with news. But the only one there was Michelle, his twin.

“Where is everybody?”

“Mom and Dad went shopping, Nate is at the park playing baseball and Orion, being a baby, is sleeping,” his sister told him in a bored voice.

Micah sighed. He threw himself down in the opposite corner from the one his sister sat in.

“What’s new?” she asked when he sighed repeatedly.

“You aren’t going to believe this.” he said eagerly.

“In that case, keep it to yourself. Lies don’t interest me.”

“I didn’t say it was a lie, I just said you wouldn’t believe it!”

“But if it’s unbelievable, it must be a lie!”

“Not at all, merely hard to believe.”

Michelle stood abruptly and with a backward look stomped out of the room and up the stairs.

“Boy, you’d think if anybody’d want to know something unbelievable that happened, you’d think it would be your own twin. Sometimes I don’t get her!” Micah muttered.

He waited and waited, but no one else came home so he could tell them what was so unbelievable. It was bubbling inside him. He would burst if he didn’t talk about it.

Making a decision, he went outside into the back yard. He lifted his face to the sun and shouted the unbelievable at the top of his voice.

Michelle shouted from her open bedroom window.

“Is that all? I knew you could do it, if you aren’t lying.”

Micah grinned widely and went back into the house. It would be strange going to an elite high school without her, but he could tell her everything when he saw her after school every day.


© Copyright 2024 dragonwoman (draygonlayd60 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321944-Dont-Wanna-Hear-It