*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321770-Back-to-Basics
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Prose · Spiritual · #2321770
Thoughts About My Faith
What am I not willing to give up in order to live my faith?

I will not change the precepts of my faith to fit into an ever-changing downward spiraling world.

I will not mold God into a custom-made God to set my own agenda.

I will not accept an “anything goes “mentality to “go with the flow”.

I will not accept the premise that as more and more people disobey the same command of the Lord, the less “sin” it becomes because “everyone is doing it.”

I will not accept something I don’t believe in and know to be wrong in my home, family, church, or relationships.

When I accepted Jesus into my life, I accepted the fact that He died for my sins and they are forgiven, but I know that doesn’t give me the right to use that gift as an excuse to look away from His commands.

Instead, I will use the moral compass I received the day I opened my Bible for the first time. I will let God be God. I will trust Him and open my heart to Him, and to His Son Jesus, who I have accepted into my life and is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. He doesn’t change with the times. He doesn’t “go with the flow”. How heart-warming it is knowing that no matter what is happening around me, the Lord never moves away from me. He is still there protecting me. Psalm 18:2 reminds me that “the Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.” (NIV)

We are called to love God’s children as Jesus loves us. We are not called to love everything they do or don't do, including myself. We are all accountable as children of God.
© Copyright 2024 lbidler (lbidler at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321770-Back-to-Basics