*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321675-I-Said-So
Rated: ASR · Draft · Sci-fi · #2321675
I changed up their personalities. One of the first few conflict scenes for them.
Hi! I wanted a more dynamic duo, and MC is rather insufferable at the beginning of the book. Does this scene reflect that? He wouldn't pay heed too much to the other character me thinks.
(Change of plans, it's Rasheed's mission and Iqbal's swept up in it)
***

I walked towards the politician and held out a static gun. The floor announced my presence in rhythmic clacks.

It was basically a new version of guns, that used no gunpowder since that resource was already long gone. It shot pellets stored with electricity. Stun to death. And the pellets were reusable. Kinda pushing the green tech label if you asked me.

He just stared wide-eyed at it. "Take it," I said.

"No. What for?" He took a step back.

"Sigh. Just take it." I wanted him to store it for a bit. No need to tell him that.

"Nope. Excuse me," he took out his phone for a call, walking away from me. His pace clearly hastened.

Not bad. Just not good enough for me. He recorded the situation from what I glimpsed on the phone. Faked the call.

"You know that won't work. People can replicate anything these days," I called out with a smile. It was the 22nd century.
"Countermeasures exist," he retorted.

I clamped my hand on his shoulder before he could break into a run, and pulled him back. I pushed the gun into his hand, the rubber insulated grip squeaked.

"Argh! Let go!" He tried to shove it back. Annoyance gnawed at me. Enough of this.

"I don't think that's wise, Mr. Iqbal," I whispered in his ear. My grip tightened on his hand, the gun secured in his palm.

"These things work like thunder, see. You rub the chemicals the wrong way, it could go off in your hand. The rubber stops that. That is, if it doesn't overcharge," I continued.

He glared at me. Hand clenched the weapon.

"Hah! I dare you," the smile I sported slightly manic.
"Though, I do have a spare." I touched the holster to prove my point.

He held my gaze, no doubt calculating the risk. After a while, he scoffed.

"Fine," he said between gritted teeth. I eased my hand and he yanked his hand free.

"Much better! Hold onto it, will ya?" I said as I walked past him.

"Oh! Here's a tip," I looked back, as if I recalled something.
"Keep it hidden. Haha!" I chuckled at his rigid appearance. My voice echoed in the metallic corridor. The buffer was done, next for the Comms.
© Copyright 2024 Mysha.ember (mysha.ember at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321675-I-Said-So