*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321611-Lost-In-Nostalgia
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Music · #2321611
I remember my youth. 300 wored
Lost In Nostalgia


I was walking in the Theatre district on a blustery day. The wind blew more than enough scrap and crap around me as I wandered. I don’t mind a wild and breezy day usually, but I was feeling a bit down.

“Where has all the fun gone?”

That’s when a sizable photo hit me right in the face! The direction of the wind was such that it actually stuck to my face for longer than I liked. Irritably, I peeled it off. About to crumble it into a tight ball to toss into the nearest trash receptacle, I stopped to look at it.

“Why it’s Casey and the Sunshine Band! I love those guys!”

I began to hum some of their favorite tunes as I remembered. My teens and early adulthood moved to the rhythm of bands like ‘the sunshine’. It was the background I moved to as I matured.

My eyes shining, I closely examined each member. I frowned.

“These guys look nothing like I remember, they’re so off!”

Then I noticed. It was a poster for a tribute {b]band! I usually make it a point not to go and see tribute bands. They’re never the same. The vibe I always expect is never quite there.

“I’ll make an exception,” I told myself as I pulled out my phone and bought a ticket for the Saturday performance. Usually, I buy a pair, but I decided this should be a solo experience so as not to disappoint anyone else.

I was so excited for the show, I went to my favorite antique clothing store and bought an outfit for the occasion. As I jumped off the bus that night, I was vibrating with excitement.

Unfortunately, they were lousy, and I had to console myself with food after.
© Copyright 2024 dragonwoman (draygonlayd60 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321611-Lost-In-Nostalgia