*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321574-Chan-and-Ling-Hu
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Mystery · #2321574
Chan is an eight toed dragon, Ling Hu is a panda together they solve crime.
A dragon with a large, bamboo munching panda riding on its back landed outside the village elder's house. Climbing off its companion, the panda produced a gong from some unknown hiding spot. The bear struck the metal instrument producing a cacophonous note.

"His celestial eminence, the Dragon Chan," the panda announced. "By order of Emperor Long, is here to investigate a crime! Come forth and together we will arrive at truth and justice."

The village elder, a tortoise, exited his dwelling. He bowed deeply before the venerable dragon. "It is indeed an honor to have one such as Chan here," the elder said. "Great one, our village suffers. The harvest has been marred by blood! Ere the sun rose, our dear Mr. Usagi, a hare, was found dead in the field. We beseech you, find brother Usagi's killer."

Upon hearing the facts of the case, Chan the wise and noble dragon, formulated a plan to find the evil doer. "I will inspect the body," he said. "My assistant, Ling Hu, will help me investigate."

Forthwith, they arrived in the radish field where the poor farmer had met his demise. He circled the body while Ling Hu kept onlookers from getting too close, lest they disrupt important clues.

"Do not interfere," Ling Hu said around yet another mouthful of bamboo. "His eminence will know what is needed next."

At last Chan stopped circling the body. "Have all the villagers bring their cultivators to me," he said.

When they brought forth their farming implements. Chan wasted no time in his deductions. "You, brother wolf, there is an aura of death around you," Chan said.

Indeed there were numerous flies swarming around the cultivator's blade. Still the wolf feigned innocence.

"Don't be foolish," brother wolf said. "We farm beets here. That is the red on the blade. The flies are drinking the juice."

"Insolent knave," Ling Hu said. "I can smell what is on your tool. That is blood from a hare. The very same as Mr. Usagi's!"

A pair of leg irons and hand cuffs materialized in Ling Hu's hands.

The wolf howled piteously. "There has been a mistake," he cried. "My tool must've been borrowed by the real culprit."

"All the people in this village have their own cultivators. None would need borrow yours? In addition yours is the only one with coffin flies. Ling Hu, Bind this fiend so I may use my power to send him to the capital to face Emperor Long's justice."

Ling Hu secured the guilty party then Chan drew the gate talisman and placed it on the wolf's forehead. With a lightning flash, the killer vanished from sight.
© Copyright 2024 Scarypotato is okay (scarypotato14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321574-Chan-and-Ling-Hu