*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321495-Narcissistic
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2321495
about perspective
We are slaves to instant gratification. We are the generation believing in egotistical entitlement. We are a lazier although more motivated version of our parents. We are conditioned to trade up. We snap photos of everything that we do and then broadcast it to the world. We buy, lease, sell, flip, trade, rent and barter. We donate large amounts of money for tax rebates and a chance to win miscellaneous things. We get our baking from the market and our home-made dinners from the frozen food section. We are all in such a hurry to go nowhere. We will spend five dollars on a cup of coffee but avoid eye contact with the person outside who’s asking for change. We smoke and drink and then self medicate with the newest pain reliever. We buy creams that shrink cellulite and minimize wrinkles. We text message while driving but we make sure our seat belts are buckled. We spray tan and buy designer underwear. We use hair extensions, coloured contacts, small dogs and Cambodian babies as accessories. We lie to our children about fairies, bunnies, and a man with a fleet of flying reindeer and then wonder how they learn to manipulate. We under-sleep and over-caffeinate. We watch reality tv to see who will survive, win the race and what the real world is like. When did these things become acceptable parts of our daily routines?
© Copyright 2024 Sara Persaud (sarapersaud at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321495-Narcissistic