*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321152-The-Roundtable-Requests-Listing
Rated: E · Article · Other · #2321152
The Roundtable Requests Listing
Each participant in the Roundtable has a drop-down entry that lists the stories available for review.

Participants create or change their entry by filling out the form "Post a Story to Roundtable. The entries can have several components.
*Bulletv* A Link to the participant's portfolio and email on WDC;
*Bulletv* A preferred name--probably the first name--by which reviewers may address the member. (Optional);
*Bulletv* A link to the story or stories available for review;
*Bulletv* Information about the story, such as genre, word count, and whether the reviewer needs to write to author for a passkey;
*Bulletv* A teaser or excerpt from the story (optional);
*Bulletv* Any other information the author desires to share (optional).


We try to be friendly and encourage the use of first names, but if you'd really rather be known as BlueViper, well, that's up to you. First names are optional.

If your story has a passkey, we DO NOT RECOMMEND posting it here, and instead recommend that reviewers send you an email to obtain it. For more information, read the information under Copyright and Passkeys.

If you feel your story needs a trigger warning beyond its rating, please include it in the space allotted to a teaser/abstract.

A teaser is one of those tantalizing short paragraphs that entice you to read a story. You see them on Amazon or the covers of paperbacks all the time. The best ones are so irresistable that you click on buy without knowing anything else. Yes, they are a pain to write. But they can make the difference between someone reading you or not, so this is a skill worth acquiring. That means practicing, so it's worthwhile writing them here.

Absent a teaser, sometimes a short excerpt will do. Sometimes the first couple sentences in your story are also the perfect teaser.

A teaser isn't required to post a review request, but it surely helps get reviews.

If you have other information you want to share with potential reviewers such as an author website or blog, you can also include that with your review requests.

We have a single-purpose form that can do multiple things. The first time you use it, to intiate your listing, you'll probably fill out several fields, like your nickname, your user ID, and the link to your first story. But once you create your listing, please just do one thing at a time. Once you're listed, you might just use the form to add a story or to remove a story from your listing, for example. Don't worry--we'll keep track of whether or not you've got a listing already, so we'll know to change your list as opposed to creating a new one. But if you've written a better teaser and want to use it instead of the one that's there, you can amend the entry for that story. Just use the form and tell us what you're doing.

Good luck!



© Copyright 2024 Max Griffin 🏳️‍🌈 (mathguy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321152-The-Roundtable-Requests-Listing