*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321002-A-Good-Day
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2321002
Flash Fiction
A Good Day

“What happened?”

“I don’t know.”

“What do you mean? How could you not know. You were standing right here!”

“Yeah, but I wasn’t watching for anything. I was just waiting for the bus.”

“You must have heard something. Was there any shouting?”

“There’s always shouting here, that’s a school right there for little kids. Little kids shout all the time.”

“Well, did you see the people here?”

“I don’t usually look at them, I just look for an empty place to stand till the bus comes.”

“Well, you were apparently standing pretty close, you got spattered with blood.”

“What? Is that what’s on my shirt? I thought it was ketchup!”

“Were you eating something with ketchup?”

“No, but I wore this shirt yesterday too… So what did happen? Is the guy dead?”

“No, an ambulance is coming. Nobody knows what happened. Well, maybe he does, but he isn’t in any condition to tell us anything right now.”

“Is he unconscious?”

“No, but he got hit in the face and he’s all swollen up. Can’t seem to talk right now.”

“Oh. So what do you do now?”

“Ask all the bystanders if they know anything.”

“I’m the only one. Everyone else took the Taylor bus, I need the Barberton.”

“OK, can I have your name and number in case we have more questions to ask?”

“Sure, Grant Textonson” 508-881-4632. But like I said, I didn’t see anything.”

“Yeah, we probably won’t call, but just in case. Well, I’m going to follow the ambulance.”

“Good luck!” said Frank as he watched the cop walk toward the ambulance. When he smacked that guy, he didn’t know how close the police were. Thank goodness the guy couldn’t talk! And, his wallet, full of money was safely tucked in Frank’s pocket.

A good day, indeed!
© Copyright 2024 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321002-A-Good-Day