*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320990-Contest-Entry
by Helen
Rated: E · Fiction · None · #2320990
Ap Literature is quite the class.
         Liliana is your normal high school senior, just barely surviving her senior year, excited to graduate. Except there’s one problem her AP Literature teacher, Ms. Davies, is disrespectful and loves to talk about her personal life her the entire class. Ms. Davies also grades her students based on how much she likes a certain student. To make it even worse AP Literature is her last class for the day. Liliana is one of the people that Ms. Davies does not like because she is a very education-oriented person.
         One night after Liliana had enough of Ms. Davies she talks to her parents about what she should do. Her parents suggest that she form an independent study plan with her friends if they are also frustrated with the course. As time goes on she progresses with her studies efficiently and more and more people join her study group. To get credit for the work she and her classmates have been doing, Liliana talks to the guidance counselor and the principal and they come to an agreement. The agreement is that if Liliana and her classmates show their work to either the principal or the guidance counselor they will dismiss Ms. Davies grades and put in the correct grades for the work completed.
         On a particularly hot and humid day, Ms. Davies has the class go outside to “enjoy” the hot weather and her rant for the day. Today’s rant is about how she thinks that the LGBTQIA+ community is a burn on Christianity and needs to be exterminated. Liliana already hot and sweaty gets up to leave the class and go back inside. One by one more and more people get up and join Liliana in the office to talk to the principal. Their main goal: get Ms. Davies fired. The principal agreeing with Liliana decides to talk to Ms. Davies and try to get her to change her ways as the school is extremely short staffed and they are unsure if the school could get any more teachers.
         So the principal goes and talks to Ms. Davies, while the class gets to go home early. Ms. Davies being the master manipulator that she is convinces the principal that she will do better. So the next day Ms. Davies is even worse and screams at Liliana calling her derogatory names and insults. The teachers next door to the AP Literature classroom heard the ruckus and enters the class as Ms. Davies throws a glass mason jar at Liliana. Liliana now bruised and bleeding from her head is being helped up by her classmates. The other teachers are now trying to restrain Ms. Davies so Liliana can get to the nurse. The principal now aware of the situation is in the room and calling 911 to get an ambulance and the police. Liliana is taken to the hospital and receives 15 stitches in her head and has a broken arm from trying to defend herself. Ms. Davies is fired and goes to jail being charged with assault of a minor. Liliana’s family also sues Ms. Davies and is rewarded $500,000. The new AP Literature teacher is the complete opposite of Ms. Davies.
© Copyright 2024 Helen (lananoir at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320990-Contest-Entry