*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320904-From-Darkness-to-Dawn
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #2320904
The power of love and forgiveness
Victoria, a beautiful and deadly assassin, had never known a life outside of the mafia. Adopted by a powerful crime family after her parents' death, she was trained to be a weapon, and weapons didn't have feelings or choices. Her life was marked by violence and bloodshed, but she never questioned her fate.

That was until she met David, a charming and innocent boy from a rural village. Sent to eliminate a target, Victoria instead found herself falling deeply in love with David. For the first time, she felt like she had a choice.

David's parents welcomed Victoria into their family with open arms, showing her the true meaning of love and acceptance. They were kind, caring, and gentle, and they made Victoria feel like she belonged. But Victoria was torn between her loyalty to her mafia family and her desire to build a new life with David and his family.

"You make me feel alive, Victoria," David whispered, his eyes locking onto hers. "You make me feel like I can be myself, like I can be free."

Victoria's heart raced as David took her hand, his fingers intertwining with hers. "I never thought I'd find someone like you," she said, her voice barely above a whisper. "Someone who sees me, who loves me for who I am."

As they sat together on the hill overlooking the village, David turned to Victoria and said, "I love you, not just for who you are, but for who you help me to be. You're my redemption, my freedom, my everything."

Victoria's eyes welled up with tears as she replied, "I love you too, David. You're my home, my safe haven, my forever."

Just as Victoria was about to make a choice, a rival mafia group kidnapped David, taunting her to come and rescue him. With no other choice, Victoria arrived at the designated location, ready to face whatever dangers awaited her. Outnumbered and outgunned, she refused to back down.

Just as all hope seemed lost, Victoria's mafia family arrived, guns blazing, and took down the rival gangsters. In the chaos, Victoria was gravely injured, but her family managed to save her and David.

As she lay in the hospital, Victoria realized that she couldn't go back to her old life. She had to make a choice. And so, she chose David, and a new life free from violence and bloodshed.

"You're the sunshine in my sky, Victoria," David whispered, his lips brushing against her hair. "You're the stars in my night, the river that flows through my soul. You're my everything."

Victoria smiled, her heart full of joy and love. "You're my everything too, David. Forever and always."

Victoria and David began a new life together in the village, leaving the violent world of the mafia behind. They built a small cottage, started a garden, and lived a simple, beautiful life. Victoria finally found the happiness and peace she had always longed for, thanks to the unwavering support of David and their families. She learned that love and acceptance could conquer even the darkest of pasts. She was no longer "The Boss," but a wife, a daughter, and a member of a community. She was free.
© Copyright 2024 use 'I am' (zbkhan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320904-From-Darkness-to-Dawn