*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320482-Navigating-the-Path-of-Language-Learning
Rated: E · Essay · Educational · #2320482
Experiences in learning a language
As a third-year college student majoring in English at Davao de Oro State College - Maragusan, I am determined to widen my knowledge and skills in language learning, especially in English. With a willingness to learn new things and broaden my vocabulary skills beyond my mother tongue, I am embarking on a journey of discovery armed with textbooks, technology, and a sprinkle of curiosity.

From being a first-year college student to a third-year one, I can say that learning a language is really hard, but along the way, I have improved a lot in both my writing and speaking. In the pursuit of fluency, I embraced a variety of methods and resources tailored to my learning style. Whether through reading books and different articles to enhance my comprehension and knowledge, engaging in interactive classroom discussions, or immersing myself in foreign films and music, I found each method valuable. With each passing day, I observed my confidence growing, and my writing and speaking skills improving. What once seemed like an impossible challenge turned into a journey filled with challenges that meant to be overcome.

Eventually, I discovered that language acquisition was not just about acquiring a new skill, but about embracing a fresh way of thinking, communicating, and comprehending the world around me. With every word I learned, every sentence I constructed, every paragraph I wrote, and every piece I created, I felt myself literally applying all the knowledge I had acquired, embracing global culture, communicating with diverse individuals, and enriching my own perspectives. Learning a language was not just a trend, but a crucial skill that needs to be mastered to thrive not only in college but also in real-life situations.
© Copyright 2024 arianne_drafts (ariannedrafts at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320482-Navigating-the-Path-of-Language-Learning