*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320467-Space-Aliens-Drink-For-Free-Contest
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Cultural · #2320467
“Space Aliens Drink For Free Contest
“Space Aliens Drink For Free Contest


497 words


         Sam Adams had decided to take early retirement from his job as the senior paranormal researcher for the Cosmos Club in Berkeley. One night he was with his buddies drinking in a pub when they came up with their million-dollar idea. Sam and his buddies would open the UFO Club in Berkeley, California.

         During his time at the Cosmos Institute, he never met a space alien and thought that most stories about space-alien encounters were nonsense. He had even gone to Area 51 to look into the rumors of what was happening at Area 51, and what really happened at Roswell, New Mexico. Based on his extensive research which he posted on his FB and YouTube channel – The Truth is Out There, Really Out There he was now convinced that space aliens were real, and it would be just a matter of time before someone would win the contest.

         His bar was a UFO-themed bar complete with pictures of aliens, alien soundtracks, and weekly meetings of Bay Area UFO nuts. He had signs everywhere, “ Space Aliens Drink for Free.” The menu had various space alien theme entries including alien burgers, fries, and home-brewed Kombucha and Beer.

         The news of his challenge had gone viral and he had made millions of dollars in free publicity and selling movie and television rights to interview the first alien to win the prize. The bar was always packed, with half the customers wearing alien uniforms which were for sale at the bar along with Area 51 souvenirs he had bought on his visits to Area 51.

         One night, he had just come from the store, having bought some tools to fix the lights, and was standing on the stairs, when his girlfriend Maria Lee came in and said

“          You’ll never believe this.”

         Sam looked at her and asked her to explain. She said that three men claimed to be aliens and they might be the real deal.

“          Really, can they prove it?’

         “I believe them”

         “You know that is not how this works. They have to prove it.”

         “Hey, stop arguing with me and meet them.”

         “Okay”

         He met the three strangers, who were dressed in old-fashioned suits. Two were men and one a woman. They had a pan-ethnic look that could be anything but they had a slightly strange look about them, not entirely human.

         He said,

         “Hi there. If you want the free drinks, you have to prove your claims. No one has redeemed the free drinks since we opened .”

         “Will this do it?.” One of the men said, morphing into the figure of Trump, the others turning into Putin and the woman turning into Ivanka Trump.

         Sam laughed and said,

         “Have a drink. Tell me where you are from?”
         
While they recounted their tale, Maria alerted the UFO community, his former employers, and the media which descended on the bar and interviewed the aliens.




" WINNER AND NEW PROMPT DUE MONDAY MAY 20" 17 hours 4 minutes 56 seconds
May 20 is "Be a Millionaire Day" - a day to start working on plans to become a millionaire. So write your story or poem about someone who concocts a crazy scheme to become a millionaire. By crazy scheme, I don't mean saving money or investing wisely - I mean something out of the ordinary. Choose COMEDY as one of your genres, and let us know if the scheme worked (or not)!

© Copyright 2024 JCosmos (jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320467-Space-Aliens-Drink-For-Free-Contest