*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320274-From-Metaphor-to-Reality
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #2320274
Tim was in a living hell. Then, things got worse.
I was in my lab, trying to complete a new serum. This would enhance a person’s entire body, from physical aspects to mental aspects. The irony of this is that I, the creator, stood a measly 4 feet 9 inches. All of my life, I had been ignored by almost everyone in school, excepting the bullies that swarm in every school. My father stood 5 feet tall, from the photos I’ve seen. He left the family a few years after I was born, although, rather than the usual deadbeat dad story, my mother had hectored him for being so short. They had started as high school sweethearts, but, I guess such a size difference can make a relationship go down the tubes fast. My mother was 6’4. Not too long into the marriage, she had begun to have sex with men behind his back. Things got worse after I was born, as my mother was angry at having a son so like his father. Two years after I was born, my sister Hayden entered the world. As she grew at the normal rate, my mother decided that having a ‘regular’ kid at last was cause to kick my dad out. Hayden ended up being just like Mom. Now 18, the redhead towered above me at 6 feet even.


Yesterday, I had tried the serum on myself. I had been so beaten down by life, that I was not surprised that it didn’t work. As I poured liquid from a test tube into a beaker, a lavender gas wafted up. I had inhaled about half of it before I knew what had happened. I coughed and sneezed, then went to the bathroom across from my room to wash my hands. The only true consideration my family had shown me was that it, as well as my bedroom, was sized for me. After cleaning up, I had worked my brain enough for the day, and sat on my bed. A sitcom that was no different from any other flashed before my unseeing eyes. Soon, I had fallen asleep.


Waking up, I saw that several hours had passed. Getting off of the bed, I blinked the sleep out of my eyes and headed downstairs to make myself dinner. It was a common occurrence that I was the only one home. My mother and sister were always out late at night, sometimes alone sometimes together. “How could we deprive the world of this beauty?”, they had said often enough. After the meal of canned pasta and pudding cups, I felt strange. Did the table seem slightly higher than usual? Throwing away the disposable plates, I walked back to my room, the feeling of unreality increasing. I passed by a mirror in the bedroom hall, and gasped. It seemed taller! My line of sight in it was significantly lower! Goose flesh spread along my body as the truth seemed to freeze my heart. I was shrinking. I turned and ran for my lab. As my breathing and heart rate increased, so did my size decrease. By the time I got to the lab, I was one foot tall. I could not help myself, and the years had told me that I could not expect help from anyone else. As one foot became six inches, I knew what I had to do. Hide, though this time is was literal rather than figurative. I made my way to my bedroom and hid under the bed. Having to clean the entire house myself was paying off. I was 99% sure that there no dust bunnies or insects under the bed, or anywhere else in the house. As I fell asleep, I feared the return of my mother and sister more than I ever had before.

Thunderous booms woke me, echoing in my ears. I left the safe area, just far enough to realize that I was still six inches tall. Luckily, they never entered my room. Not for a desire to give me privacy. They didn’t, because they felt I was so beneath them that they didn’t care what I did. My sister’s voice, amplified to a booming degree, roared. “It was fun teasing those stupid guys, wasn’t it Mom?” My mom bellowed in equal volume back, “Sure was, baby. I wonder if that speck of a brother of yours made us dinner?” A chuckle that sounded like actual thunder echoed. “He’d better, if he knows what’s good for him.” I gulped, as I realized how I’d have to live, in order to survive. Raiding the kitchen when they weren’t around. Stealing things in order to make a comfortable ‘nest’. My mind rebelled at the word. However, I knew I’d have to eventually come to terms that the world was a death trap and hiding like a rat, like an insignificant bug, would be the only way to stay alive.

The next morning, I awoke from my new home under my bed. The sound of bacon sizzling echoed in my ears. Like I was following the scent and floating in an old cartoon, I arrived at the kitchen. My sister was at the stove. I wasn’t sure which shocked me more, that she seemed to rise miles into the air, a naked goddess, or that she was actually cooking food. I carefully trod over to a foot that could easily flatten me to paste. Looking up, her legs soared. “I shouldn’t have to cook.”, she rumbled. “That little asshole wasn’t in his room. Can’t find him, anywhere.” My eyes widened. I must have been really tired, to not hear the sound of their titanic footsteps in my room. Mom… ‘No’, I thought to myself, ‘Now more than ever, she isn’t my mom’. Andrea entered the room, the floor shaking with each footstep. As naked as Hayden, she boomed, “If he’s left the house, he’ll either come back, or die out there.” Her tone indicated that the issue was of no importance whatsoever. “We’ve saved enough money over the years by using him, we can afford a cook.” I felt a shiver come over me, and Hayden’s big toe was twice the size it had been. “Down to three, then.”, I said. Some hot, massive thing slammed to the ground with a boom. It was a piece of bacon. It seemed like about a quarter of a whole piece, more than enough to fill my stomach. “Fuck!”, cursed Hayden. “No big deal, plenty more.”, was the response. As I munched on the giant food, and the megalithic beings continued their conversation, I was aware that this was my life now.


Three weeks later, and I was getting better at grabbing the occasional piece of popcorn, chip, anything edible, without notice. My senses were also a little more heightened. The booming of the two giants became a bit of background noise, but not enough that I didn’t hear and flee when the rumbling grew closer. I was currently taking a daring mission, being on the kitchen table not too long after dinner. I had managed to grab a bit of potato, when I saw Hayden lumber into the room. As she stepped up to the table’s edge, the fly of her tight jeans stretched up to the distant metal mountain that was her belt’s buckle. “It’s a good thing that cook starts tomorrow”, she said. “I’m sick of this shit.” Her massive hand swooped down, but she had forgotten how close she was to the table. What was a slight bump of her hips against it, to her, was an earthquake to me. I tumbled on to the filthy plate, sliding across it in grease. Crawling to my knees, I saw her tight purple shirt displaying what seemed like acres of cleavage woosh past. “Gonna have to change for my date with the football team captain later. Maggie said he was hung like a horse.” My si…. Hayden was in her sophomore year at the local college, majoring in only having sex with handsome, dumb as bricks, frat bros. As the plate hovered over the sink, she scraped it over the drain. Having done this myself, I knew that it was the garbage disposal. I remembered watching ‘The Incredible Shrinking Woman’ a few months ago, and I let out a hysterical, almost insane, cackle at being in Lily Tomlin’s character’s situation. Andrea entered, and said, “After that, go change for your date.” The redhead hadn’t noticed the other woman’s entrance, and the plate shook in her hand. As I slid down, I bounced off of the edge and landed in the giant’s vast expanse of breast flesh. I screamed as I bounced again, landing in the huge canyon of her cleavage. “Dammit, Mom!”, she yelled. With a chuckle and an insincere apology, Andrea left. With a mutter about needing to change clothes anyway, that sounded like a loud shout, she went to her room to get undressed and shower. Pulling off her shirt, I fell further down. Popping out from between her boobs, I landed on the edge of her belly button. Scrambling up, I was able to barely get inside before she started moving again. When I was around, she’d wear a towel. Now that it was ‘girls only’, as Andrea said, she would walk in the buff. I held onto dear life, as she stepped into the shower cubicle. A torrent of water that would put the heaviest storm on Earth to shame, followed. I was barely able to grip the increasingly wet skin as she washed herself. After what seemed like an eternity, she turned the water off and stepped out, drying off. A vigorous rub of her stomach dislodged me, and I sped to the floor. Previous encounters with the giants had shown I was more durable at this size. I hit the floor with a pained gasp, but with nothing broke. As a city block sized foot slammed down next to me, my blood froze. The looming wall of skin was so close. Any closer, in fact, and I would have died, durability or not. I caught my breath as the gargantuan goddess that I once knew as my sister thundered away.


The next weeks saw several people come through the house. Apparently, they had gotten the money from my insurance policy. They were moving, and selling all of my stuff. Even my lab equipment. Not that I could ever use it again as I was now half an inch tall, but it still stung. I was in overdrive mode when it came to scavenging. I didn’t know how long the house would be empty when they left, so I grabbed as many shelf stable things as I could. I was in a cupboard, trying to get at some cheese crackers, when everything shook. As I fell over the edge, I realized that the shaking was Andrea slamming a drawer closed. As I fell, she bent down to grab something on the floor. Seconds later, I bounced off of the immense mountain that was the woman’s purple thong clad ass. Sailing back up, I landed on the counter, breathless. Like some kind of colossal monster, Andrea’s body slowly moved past me. First her enormous, bra-less breasts. Then the soft wall of her stomach. Finally, the giant words HANES HER WAY and a purple fabric wall. A forest of dark pubic hair loomed past each end of the fabric. Then, with what seemed like blinding speed, her giant green eye became my sky. “Eww! A fucking bug!”, hammered my ear drums. The blast of her voice’s sound waves brought me to myself. As she turned to grab a magazine to crush me, I ran and hid behind the toaster. The windstorm that was her annoyed sigh blasted past. “Fuck it, I’m not cleaning or packing anymore. All the important stuff is done.”

After sleeping the rest of the day and the entire night, a cacophony of sounds echoed. I now called a corner of my empty room, home. I crawled under the door, and was nearly smashed under a boot. I gazed up, and saw a muscular blonde titaness move past at lightning speed. She carried a cardboard box. “A moving company”, I muttered. I crept into the kitchen, and saw Hayden and Andrea standing next to the kitchen table. Joining them was a man that seemed to be in his sixties. “I’m glad you finally saw sense.”, he was saying. “I’m going to tear this place down, as it’s the last one in my way to build my planned gated community.” “Well, whatever.”, Andrea said. “Your money’s good, that’s all that matters to me.” After signing, and well wishes, the man left. The two remaining giants grabbed two backpacks and a suitcase each. Not even taking a last glance, they left through the open front door. As I considered where to go from here, I noticed the same blonde from before, walking in. In a husky alto, she said. “I might as well have a look around, now that everyone’s gone. Might be stuff left.” A bucket was partially hidden by the counter, and she tripped over it. The result seemed like it made San Francisco’s 1906 earthquake look like a slight shake. A huge freckled nose blasted steam from two cavernous nostrils. With a deafening groan, she opened one enormous blue eye. She gasped, and a small part of me hoped, slightly. This was followed with a roar of “Fucking cockroaches!” As her giant hand swooped down to end my life I whispered, “I don’t know why I expected any different. This is real life, not some TV show or book.” A loud smash, then nothing.
© Copyright 2024 SizeFanDude79 (sizefandude79 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320274-From-Metaphor-to-Reality