*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320140-The-Last-Sunflower-Story-Idea
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Novel · Drama · #2320140
A book idea.
17-year-old Willow Ghoulding is not the average high schooler. Her Multiple Sclerosis is rapidly progressing, and soon the doctors fear that she will lose her mobility. 16-year-old Jaiden Dacre is well aware of his best friend's excelling disease and is determined to find a cure. But when tragedy strikes, is love enough to keep her alive? Or will that be the very thing that destroys her?...
(Please note that this is not an official summary and the reader's judgement should be geared towards the idea, not the writing.)

After watching the movie Five Feet Apart, I had an idea to express myself in a similar way. Recently, I've found myself attracted to sunflowers and the color yellow, so I put these two things together. This is a story, most of all, about living your life to the fullest. Not caring what anyone else thinks of you. Never ending your search for your only cure possible; love. It's definitely an emotional rollercoaster, and the ending will most likely be bittersweet, but overall I think it will be a feel-good read. It's one of those stories that makes you think.
Much of the book is written from Willow's perspective, with pages of her diary and occasional multi-perspective. Lots of romance. I would say ages 14+.

Trigger warnings:
Mentioned suicide attempts of several characters, death of minors and adults, including natural, suicidal, and murder, internalized and abusive homophobia, including a queer slur, drug addiction and alcohol consumption of minors, and mentioned sexual assault.
© Copyright 2024 Ezrenee (anonymousfox at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320140-The-Last-Sunflower-Story-Idea