*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319432-Junior
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2319432
Flash Fiction
Junior

“Why are you following me?”

Ted practically jumped out of his skin! Whipping around, he found a girl glaring at him. She looked about his age, but she also looked angry, he had no idea why. What he was sure of was that she scared the crap out of him and now he was angry too!

“What are you talking about!” he practically spat. I wasn’t following you, how could I be, you’re behind me!”

“I gave you the slip…” she said, in a rather snotty voice.

“Well, you slipped up! First thinking I was following you, and second getting behind me! Why would I be following you anyway!”

Suddenly feeling a little less bold, she said, “Well, you were right behind me, and you turned all the same corners…”

“You mean the corners on the way to the grocery store…”

“Oh… sorry…”

“I live on Raden Way.”

She smiled; “I live on Kent. I never saw you before…”

“We just moved in two weeks ago. Do you go to Ashmont?”

“Yes, is that where you’re going?”

“Yes, it is. I just signed up yesterday. I’m a junior.”

“I’m a junior this coming year too! I’m Alice, welcome to Franklin!”

“Are all the girls as suspicious as you?”

“Hardly, I want to study investigation when I get to college.”

“My father is CIA.”

“You’re kidding!” A bond was made.

She opened her own detective agency shortly after college. He had realized he was pretty excited about numbers, taking over the books for the agency, and doing taxes for everybody else.

They named their agency, Junior’s Place after the year they met.

And they named their first child Junior, of course!
© Copyright 2024 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319432-Junior