*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2311567-Rhianna
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest · #2311567
This is for flash fiction competition 300 words
At 7:15am Jenny Weir is buzzing, She's completed her morning workout and showered. Rhianna's "Don't Stop the music" bellows from her music system. She can't wait for the concert in Madison Square Garden later that night. She opens her wardrobe, she is about to pull out a conservative two piece grey suit when thought to herself "Screw that, I'm not meeting clients today and Waspy isn't " so selects a red party dress in . Her uptight boss Waspy Wilma spends Thursdays in the firms head office in New Jersey. Everyone dresses down when she is away anyways.

At 8:30am, she arrives at the offices of Spriggett and Bell Consultants and presses the elevator button. She hums "Umbrella" while she waits. One Elevator pings, as its door opens. As she alights, she gasps in horror as already in the lift from the underground carpark is Wilma, her narrow frame sealed in her two piece black suit. Her narrow face scrunches at the sight of Jenny. The colour drains from Jenny's face.

"Is it dress down Friday Jennifer?" asks Wilma in a sarcastic tone

Jenny bits her lower lip "Eh, no, eh I thought it was but I was out of the apartment when I realised it was only Thursday".

Wilma snorts "well Jennifer, I don't believe you. All day yesterday you were cackling about your Rhianna concert, and you thought, that scrawny cow isn't in the office today, so I'm going to go dressed for the concert and screw my work attire obligations and it's rules. Isn't that right Jennifer?"

"Eh" replied Jenny looking around the lift for inspiration "Apologies, Wilma, it won't happen again, I wasn't thinking eh I."

Wilma raises her right palm "Enough, you're blathering, next time just ask, I'm not a complete witch and enjoy it"
© Copyright 2024 amateur40 (amateur40 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2311567-Rhianna