*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2309384-Purpose-Tab
Rated: E · Article · Other · #2309384
Purpose Tab

The primary purpose of the forum is to provide a roundtable for authors to discuss their works-in-progress and to exchange peer-to-peer reviews.

This design can accommodate an open roundtable or a closed workshop. Important features include such things as
*Bulletb* Authors can post a public list of items for which they are seeking reviews;
*Bulletb* Other authors can see and review these items;
*Bulletb* Authors can share their reivews on the forum, which can serve as a launchpad for discussion;
*Bulletb* Authors can pose discussion questions in the forum; or
*Bulletb* Authors can introduce discussion topics.


A feature of this roundtable is that the author's list of review requests is self-managed--once it's set up, authors can add, subtract, or otherwise modify their list and their changes will automatically appear in the roundtable forum.

This is supposed to be an excbange. That means that if you post here asking for reviews, you should also do reviews of posted items. You don't have to review everyone, but you should strive for some balance between the reviews you recieve and the reviews you give.

In our experience, review exchanges of this type sometimes result in authors finding critique partners--another author with whom they have a particular rapport. These can develop into long-term relationships and, sometimes, even collaborations. When this happens, it's an awesome experience for the authors involved. Everytime you review someone on here, keep in mind that it could be the first step in such a relationship.


© Copyright 2023 Max Griffin πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ (mathguy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2309384-Purpose-Tab