*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2304508-The-Sucker
by Sumojo
Rated: E · Fiction · Relationship · #2304508
Brad thinks he’s in for a treat
Words without the prompt 299



Brad lay on the bed in the cheap motel room, the orange bedspread did nothing to improve the look of the place. He was used to these types of rooms, all indistinguishable from each other as he travelled from town to town.
Brad was a salesman, his good looks and charming manner ensured he made a living demonstrating the latest in convenience, the vacuum cleaner.

Bored housewives, stuck at home caring for their families fell for him. When he had talked his way into the house and with his usual bright cheerful patter demonstrated how much dirt and grime his machine sucked from the rugs, he rarely missed a sale. He despised leaving without getting a signature. “Sign here, darling. You won’t regret it. This is the best decision you’ll ever make.”

Being away from home on the road so much, he often felt lonely and missed his wife, however that didn’t stop him from making a play for a bit of extra loving if the chance arose, and it often did.
Such was the time when he’d employed all his patter and charm on Sheila, a buxom redhead. She was poised, pen in hand, ready to sign the hire purchase agreement when she sighed and put down the pen.
“Better not without talking to my husband first. He’s not due home until tomorrow.”

Brad looked around at the dusty house, desperate now for a sale. “I’ll tell you what I’ll do, I’ll vacuum the whole house, even use the accessories for dusting.”

Sheila flashed him a beaming smile as she sat reading a magazine while Brad sweated cleaning the house. All the time thinking she’d show her appreciation afterwards.

The door opened and Sheila’s husband walked in and laughed. “Gee, Sheila, up to your old tricks again?”


Prompt: include the words Bright, Sign and Play.















© Copyright 2023 Sumojo (sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2304508-The-Sucker