*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2300232-Spin-Class------WC-209
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #2300232
Daily Flash Fiction 7/22/23


Spin Class

I just started an exercise routine, little bit of a late New Year’s resolution. I’m doing a spin class.

But since there’s no gym nearby, I’ve got to improvise. I’m the instructor. I have to say it’s hard to keep the motivation. But a few days into this, I think I’ve got some keys to success.

Once a day I do a few circles around the dining room table. I count that as a spin. Then I reverse the circle and return to the kitchen by way of the refrigerator. The dog seems entertained. She spins when I spin and follows me to the kitchen for our treat.

But today I was interrupted in the middle of my spinning.

“Honey? Where’s the butter?” Rang a familiar voice echoing from the kitchen.

“I’m in the middle of my spin routine!” I yelled. “Can’t this wait?”

“No! My bread’s just out of the toaster, it’s hot. Where’s the butter?”

Geez Louise. I interrupt my last spin and detour to the kitchen.

“The butter is where it always is. In the fridge.” I give said butter to needy spouse, with a kiss.

“Thanks. I just wanted a kiss. I know how to butter you up.”

Well-played! He also got a few hugs.

W/C 209
© Copyright 2023 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2300232-Spin-Class------WC-209