*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2299307-Yu-Gi-Oh-Fractured-Soul-By-Hades
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Hades
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Entertainment · #2299307
Yu Phillips grew up only knowing two things. Dueling, and to care for his sister.
I do not own "Yu-Gi-Oh!" or any of it's products, copy write, trademarks, or other affiliated groups and/or companies associated with "Yu-Gi-Oh" This being said, the story in itself is original, even if the world isn't, so Please leave comments, reviews, or any other things you would like to tell me. Thank You!

Yu-Gi-Oh! Fractured-Soul!

Chapter 1: Institute

The gray metal walls, dim chamber, thick cords and cables strung about were all Yu knew.

How long has it been, since Phantom Inc. brought him and Lisa, his twin sister, along with some of the others from Gorge Orphanage? Four years? Nine?

He didn't know.

All he knew for a fact was the potential breakthroughs that could be made from studying Duel Monster's tag-teams. But not just any tag teams.

No.

Tag teams made with twins.

Popular theory states twins have some sort of bond, a connection, between them. Whether these rumors are true, or not, or if they can revolutionize the long popular card based sport was yet to be seen.

Each subject was given a deck to choose from, a light weight head set, and a special duel disk. The older sibling picks their deck, and the younger one is given the choice of decks that were deemed most compatible with the elder twin's deck. The head set and duel disk measure any energy, or "Psy-Link" that is given off, believing the more fluid the twins played, the higher the "Psy-Link" readings.

"Subject P-1 and S-2. Enter the dueling field." A voice said over the intercom.

Sighing, Yu calmed his nerves and stepped onto the field.

As he did so, bright blueish lights flashed on, illuminating me, then the field, and then my opponent. Across the field, was another kid from the orphanage. A black haired, pale boy who was about seventeen years old. A black arm sash with a red symbol printed on it was the only color on the otherwise all white uniform.

"Hey Yu.", The boy said, "How has Institute's favorite duel pro been doing?"

Yu noticed the dark bags under the boy's eyes. "Are you okay, Raga?"

Raga's neutral expression turned dark, "As if you care. "

He thumbed towards the security cameras that were no doubt watching them, "Let's get this over with. Your not the only one with a sister to care for."

Before Yu could say anything more, Raga slid his deck into the duel disk, powering up the dueling field systems, and Yu followed suit.

"Duel Field activated. Trial N-9. "Psy-Link" registration and calculation" a male AI voice announced.

"Duel!" Raga and Yu announced.

Four thousand life points appeared on the screens arranged above the duel field along with a top-view of their respective fields.

"I'll go first." Raga told Yu.

"I'll place two cards face down, along with a monster."

Yu drew a card, "I set three cards face down, and I summon "Dwarf Star Dragon Planeter" in defense mode."

Raga interjected, "I activate my trap, "Dark World Punishment", I negate your normal summon and I send a fiend from my hand to the grave, and I choose "Broww, Huntsman of Dark World", which allows me to draw a card since he was sent from the hand to the grave.

Yu didn't react much, "I activate the continuous spell, "Mega Ton Magical Cannon" and I end my turn."

"Draw. I activate the trap "Limit impulse", by discarding two cards I summon two tokens in defense mode. And since I discarded "Luncent, Netherlord of Dark World and "Beiige, Vanguard of Dark World", their effects allow me to special summon them from the grave.

Raga paused for a breif moment, "You may be the golden boy for the institute, but I'll show my worth. We can't afford to be booted back onto the streets, Yu.", he thought.

"I then activate the effect of "Genta, Gateman of Dark World", discarding it to the graveyard allows me to add the field spell "The Gates of Dark World" from my deck to my hand, which in turn I'll activate."

The arena was cast in darkness, a darkness that seemed to swallow all light. Until a white strip of light appeared, and two massive gate doors opened up. The bright light illuminated the newly transformed arena, reveling a grayish mausoleum.

"my fiend monsters gain three-hundred attack and defense. My Beiige now has nine-teen hundred attack and Lucent, twenty-seven hundred attack, which means an attack of forty-six hundred."

Raga had a mad grin, "It's time someone finally beat you. A fraud that only used others to keep himself and his dear little sister safe. Well I've grown tired of your facade, so here and now I'll attack you directly for a grand total of fourty-six hundred damage."

Yu still didn't react, "You've over-played yourself again, as always. I activate a trap."

Raga chuckled, "what kind of trap can save you? I know your deck, we have been rivals for years and we aren't allowed to edit them without proper permission."

"You might need permission. but at the trophy of the Institute, I have more freedom. I activate the trap card "Prologue of The Destruction Swordsman", by sending a "Buster Blader" monster and a "Destruction Sword" card from my deck to the grave, I can special summon "Buster Dragon" from the extra deck in defense mode, which has twenty-eight hundred defense, though it is destroyed at the end of the turn. I then chain "King's Consonance" to negate the direct attack of your Lucent to synchro summon a level eight or lower monster monster by banishing a tuner and a non-tuner monster. So now I synchro summon another "Buster Dragon in defense mode. finally I activate the trap "Dark Spirit Art - Greed" to tribute a "Buster Dragon", which is a dark monster, to draw two cards."

Beiige attacked the defense position "Buster Dragon", resulting in Raga losing nine hundred life points, leaving him at thirty-one hundred life points on screen.

"Sneaky little... I end my turn." Raga said, irritated

"Draw. I activate the quick-play spell, "Mystical Bestiary", sending two cards from the top of my deck to the grave so I can place two spell counters on my Mega Ton Cannon, then I'll set a card. I end my turn."

"Draw.", Raga became silent, inspecting his card.

"Since you trying to think of a way to win" Yu spoke up, "Why don't you tell me why your dead-set on dueling?"

Raga, growing agitated, "It doesn't matter."

"Doesn't matter? You have called me a fraud, you called me selfish, a liar. Shouldn't you have the decency to at least tell me why?"

Raga glanced at the projected screens, the "Psy-Link" readings were at fifty percent.

"Alright, if I lose, I'll tell you."

"Sigh. fine, do it your way. And if I lose?"

"We'll see..." Seeming to make up his mind, he played his move

"I activate the second effect of the gates of dark world. by banishing a fiend type monster from the grave, I send a fiend from my hand to the grave and draw a card. I activate Dark World Accession! By banishing the correct materials from my field or graveyard, I can fusion summon a fiend monster. And I fusion summon "Grapha, Dragon Overlord of Dark World", with a total of thirty-five hundred attack points! This is where you lose!"

To be continued...
© Copyright 2023 Hades (h4d35 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2299307-Yu-Gi-Oh-Fractured-Soul-By-Hades