*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2299097-Never-Test-Fate
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Drama · #2299097
It will never happen to me. I mean it!
"Accidents only happen to other people."



"You're saying I'm an accident waiting to happen?"



"I didn't say that. I'm just repeating what you said. If that is what you believe then more power to you."



"Alright, I could have an accident, but that would require me doing something dangerous and when is the last time I did anything dangerous."



"You're kidding, right? You were on a ladder just this morning to change a light bulb and at noon you crossed the street with no crosswalk to get lunch. Believe it or not, both of those things are potentially dangerous to your well being and a accident waiting to happen!"



"You worry to much. Its not like an airplane is going to come crashing down on me."



Five seconds later a asteroid came crashing through the roof and killed him. It was only the size of a baseball, but the force was so great when it hit him it went straight through his heart. He died instantly.


His coworker told everyone at his funeral. "I tried to tell him, accidents do happen and you shouldn't put fate to the test"

He said it with a smirk on his face.

As he exited the stage after giving the eulogy he missed a step and broke his leg.


And the promotion he was about to get because his coworker had died, was no longer his since he couldn't perform the required duties. No, that promotion went to his assistant that had only worked there for five months.

"Karma has no menu. You get served what you deserve."
© Copyright 2023 JustinRock (jtroy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2299097-Never-Test-Fate