*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2298178-Silly
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Comedy · #2298178
A 173-word flash fiction about flowers and silliness
I run my hand through my long curls. My smile shines for miles across my face. I have to fight the urge to jump up and down. Instead, I take deep breaths to calm my heart.

My index finger touches the bell button and presses it gently.

She opens the wooden door.

I want to say something, but I don't know what. So I hand her the rose without a word.

"Don't be silly, darling," she mumbles, squinting at the neighbour who is mowing the lawn next door. She blushes.

I want to say that I'm not being silly, but I don't.
"Are you coming?" My eyes wander over her deep red evening dress and the light sandals on her feet.

"What a question!" She raises her cheekbones and a grin spreads across her face. and a grin spreads across her face.
"But first I want to give you something, darling." She brings her right hand out from behind her back and hands me a daisy.

I have to laugh. "Don't be silly!"
© Copyright 2023 Evie 🏳️‍🌈 write&blog (idaschreibt357 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2298178-Silly