*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2289261-Hansel--Gregor-pt1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Llllo
Rated: NPL · Chapter · Fantasy · #2289261
Brothers, Hansel & Gregor found themselves stranded in the forest, and come upon a cottage
France, 1820

Out by the black forest, a small quaint village. In one home lived a man named Silas. Widowed at 41, the man has two sons: Hansel and Gregor. Much, he thought the world of them.
Hansel’s 19, possessing locks of blond hair. Standing at 5’9’ he had a slender figure, weighing 162lbs. Gregor was 17, and stood at 5’8’, weighing 157lbs, and kept his blond hair short. Like his brother, he too was skinny.

The family didn’t have much, food was scarce. So Hansel and Gregor marched to the woods to try and hunt for something, but ended up lost in the middle of the forest. Eatery direction cloaked by trees.

“Hansel, I told you to leave a trail to find our way back. Now, we’re lost!”, Hansel gripes.

“Don’t worry, brother, we’ll figure this out”, Hansel affirms. And through the woods, the came upon a cottage, smoke came from the chimney. Stepping inside, they found a feast on the table. Succulent rich meats, bounties of sweets, and plenty of cake.
Both brothers starving they came inside and dug in.

“Now what are we going to do? We don't know where we are or how to get back home”, Gregor said.

“Let’s stay here for a bit”, Hansel suggests.

“We don’t even know whose home this is?”, Gregor questions.
So they spent their time digging into the food, drinking wine, eating bread, and enjoying the company. Rarely, have they ever felt this full.

When it got dark outside, both brothers decided to settle down. Upstairs, they found a guest bedroom with two single beds, each claimed one as their own.

As Gregor went to sleep, he began to dream. He could see himself walking towards a door. When he opened it, he saw a beautiful lady standing before him.

‘Wake up Gregor,’ she whispered.

Gregor woke with a start. Thinking that it was all a dream. Yet when he looked around, there was no trace of the woman. As he rose from his stiff mattress, he noticed Hansel sprawled in bed asleep.

“I swear that was a dream,” Gregor mumbled.

But as he turned over, he heard a strange sound coming from the kitchen.

With curiosity piqued, Gregor slowly made his way down the stairs. The floor creaked beneath his feet. As he approached the kitchen, the smell of roasted meat filled his nose. Another feast laid out the table, fresh. When Hansel woke up, the two dug in some more.

Hours, it felt like, scarfing down rich food. They’ve never had a meal like this in their lives. It tasted so good.

“You know, we should thank whoever left this feast for us,” Hansel said.

“Yeah, let's go say thanks,” Gregor agreed.

So the two brothers thanked the person who put the feast together.

"Who would've done such a thing?" Gregor asked.

As they entered the kitchen, they were surprised to see a woman tending to the fire. Old and wrinkled skin, she shoots them a grandmotherly smile. “Why, you must be the two enjoying my cooking?”, she chuckles.

Gregor and Hansel look at each other then back to her. "Uh...yes ma'am. Where did you get all this food?"

The old woman points towards the window. From the tree stand, a basket of fruit hang. “I have my ways. But eat up, you two are much too skinny. Need to put some meat on ya.”
Gregor and Hansel couldn't believe it. They ate till their bellies were full, which took hours.Then the old woman had to stop them.

“Now that you're full, please take rest in the guest room. It’s not everyday I get visitors.”

Unable to resist any longer, Gregor and Hansel took themselves upstairs. They fell asleep immediately, exhausted.
***
Gregor awoke with a start. Something was wrong, he could tell. He rose from the bed and walked downstairs. There was another feast out on the table, and Hansel was already digging in.

A hunger pangs in his stomach, so Gregor sits down and joins Hansel in his feasts.

"Good morning, brother," Hansel says with a mouthful of food.
"Where'd you come by all these foods, miss?" Gregor asked her.

"Oh, I get most of them I procure myself”, the old woman assures. “There’s no need to worry, there’s plenty. Just dig in and eat.”

“Thank you so much, ma'am,” Hansel said.

“Mighty fine of you two, thanking me like that,” she said.

"You shouldn't have gone through all the trouble." Gregor said, still hungry.

The old woman giggles. "No trouble. Don't worry about a thing. Enjoy your day."

And the two boys dig in again.

After a few days, the brothers grew trustworthy of the old woman. Each meal, a feast to Hansel and Gregor’s liking. Aside from some chores, the two just laid about in a food coma or nibble on sweets.

One night, after the sun set, Gregor and Hansel prepared to head upstairs. They were tired, and ready to sleep. However, they encountered a problem.
In the corner of the hallway, the old woman was crouched over a pot of stew.

“Oh, hello, boys. Come on in, please.” She greeted.

“I thought you weren't due back until tomorrow?”, Hansel questioned.

The old woman looked up from her cooking. Her eyes sparkled, and she smiled. "It's been a long time since I cooked for someone else. You two have been an absolute delight to have around. Not only does it taste delicious, but the conversation has been so much fun. And my how my much my cooking is sticking to your bones.”

Gregor and Hansel just stared blankly.

"If you don't mind, please, you two stay here for a couple days," the old woman said. “Or even more than that.”

"What? But..." Gregor stammered.

The old woman chuckled. "I can make a fortune selling those eggs. And I have the best sugarcane around. Even better than the one you got from the farm in the village. If you don't want to stay, that's fine.”

Gregor and Hansel looked at each other.

"We'll stay," Gregor said.

"Wonderful!" The old woman exclaimed. "This will be fun! I haven't had company in awhile."

The two brothers sat down, they felt their bellies pool over their waist line. It wasn’t apparent when standing, but when sitting it’s clear the brothers’ bellies have grown. Their own pants felt snug around their thighs and rear. They must’ve put on 20lbs since arriving.

However, they continued to dig into their feast. When both brothers were finished, they were bloated to they point they couldn’t button their pants.

“Damn pants, won’t button”, Hansel grumbled, straining to make the button go through the hole.

“Pants too small”, Gregor huffs. “Or we’re too big!”

“No issue”, the woman assured. “I’ll mend out your clothes tomorrow. I know my away around a needle and thread.”
They nodded and headed upstairs. But as they went upstairs, they passed the old woman.

“What a lovely night, huh boys?”, she asked.

“Yeah, it sure is”, Hansel answered. Absentmindedly, he drums fingers over his taut belly, giving it a shake. “I could get used to this.”

Gregor scoffed. "Easy for you to say, you don't have to walk up stairs."

Hansel sighed. "Fine, you're right. Gotta work off this fat if we want to fit in our pants."

Gregor rolled his eyes.
***
The next morning, they woke to a new feast. A breakfast fit for kings. Greasy bacon, fried eggs, pancakes, and a whole array of sausage, bratwurst, and Belgium waffles. “Dig in!”, the old woman encourages, she’s letting out their clothes. “I made this all for you.”

“Thank you so much, ma'am”, Hansel replied.

Their clothes were let out, as well as being washed clean. They wore slacks and button down shirts, which were much easier to wear.

But both brothers were in a food coma, and tired to move. With nothing else to do, the nibbled on sweets between meals.
***
2 Months Later
As time went on, the brothers grew used to the old woman and her cooking. Both of them were getting rather chubby from the daily feasts.

“I love your cooking, ma'am,” Hansel said, rubbing his chubby belly.

“I'm glad you like it. Gregor, how about you?”

“Can’t get enough”, he chuckles. With a spare hand, he rubs his chubby belly as he takes another muffin.

“Well, I don’t have a lot of money, so I can only afford to feed you two so much every day. But I can cook a little extra for you two since it’s gonna be a while before you leave.”

“It’s like you’re trying to fatten us up on purpose”, Hansel teases.
Gregor just shrugs.

“Maybe I am, maybe I ain't. But either way, I hope you enjoy yourself here for a while. Make the most of it.”

The two brothers nod and smile. Standing up, they supported each other as they sauntered off to bed.
***
The next morning, another feast was waiting for them. Breakfast consisted of ham and cheese quiche, sausage, bacon, pancakes, waffles, scrambled eggs, toast, and a whole pot of coffee to wash everything down.

“Wow, we couldn't ask for anything better,” Gregor remarked.

“Nope, can't complain,” Hansel agreed.

Both of them sat down, eating their fill. As they finished, the old woman came to the table and gave them each a bag.

“Here you go, boys. Don't tell anyone I've been feeding you. You're welcome anytime, and I'm always up for a good chat."
Gregor and Hansel thanked her again and left the table. They both reclined in arm chairs, too stuffed to do anything else.

“I think we should thank her,” Gregor said.

“How about we give her a kiss?” Hansel offered.

“Why not?” Gregor said.

Both brothers stood up and walked over to the old woman. They both leaned in, sniffing the air. When they were close, they kissed her on the cheek.

“That's what I'm talking about, boys!”, she said.

They laughed and went back inside to continue their feast.
***
After a few weeks, the brothers were still at the cottage. Both still unsure which direction would lead back home. As no surprise, the pair continued eating the old woman’s meals, getting fatter from their daily feasts. Ever since coming to the cottage, the pair have put on close to 60lbs each.

The old woman had found a way to grow vegetables in the garden without using soil or planting seeds. Instead, she used magic. The plants grew from the ground overnight, and once harvest time arrived, the produce was ripe.

“So, how 'bout you boys?" The old woman asks. "Any plans on leaving yet?"

"Not really," Gregor said. "I mean, we're doing alright here, I suppose." Glancing downwards, he felt his double chin bunch up as he examined how big his belly’s grown. The corpulent melon sized mound strains against his buttons. Even when standing it stuck out. Love handles poke out from the side through his suspenders. Even his buttocks has widened a bit from fat. “I may be in need of some bigger clothes.”

"Don't worry about it," she reassured. "I have plenty of clothes for you."

“Thank you, ma'am,” Gregor said.

“And besides, what's with all the food for? You and your brother are growing boys, after all!”

“But shouldn’t we be growing upward not outward?”, Hansel comments examining his fleshier form. Belly sticking out, fuller cheeks, he was soft all over.

“Well, why don't you two help me with dinner tonight? That way you'll get a nice workout, and I can cook a little extra for you two.”

“Sure thing, ma'am,” Gregor said.

“Alright then, let's go and see what ingredients we need.”
The three head outside to the garden.
***
"I don't know, something isn't right," Gregor said. Standing in front of the mirror, dressed in only his undergarments. Pinching his own love handle, he looks to his brother. “Why is she doing this? What does she gain from the two of us eating and eating each day?”

“She enjoys the company”, Hansel guesses. Clad in his undergarments, he examined his fuller form in the mirror. “But don’t know about you, but I’m getting use this. I thought noblemen had the luxury to be fat, I feel like a lord.” He flexes his muscles, his biceps are coated in fat. His paunchy stomach jiggles and plops.

“It's not like we're serfs,” Gregor agrees.

“Says the man who can barely button up his own pants.”

“See, that's a problem right there,” Gregor added. He sits up and examines himself. “We eat, and we eat, and eat like kings. Yet have you noticed she barely touches her food, and remains rail thin. While we two are growing plumber by the day.”

"Perhaps she eats later in the evening," Hansel suggests. "Maybe that's why she doesn't gain weight. But we're already full when she cooks for us. So, what does she eat? Do you think she gets any exercise? Maybe she's hiding a secret."

Gregor stands up. "No, she's old and frail. She wouldn't have the energy for it."

"Gregor, while you’re up, mind if you could grab us a midnight snack”, Hansel requests, plopping himself on his bed, rubbing his belly.

“Hansel, you can’t be—” Before Gregor could finish the thought, his belly growls. “Fine.”

Walking out to the hallway, shirtless and in his drawers, he felt his fat bounce with each step he took. In the kitchen, he finds some muffins on a plate, half a dozen. As he picks the plate up, he notices an open book.

Curious, he peers down at the pages. It was a cool book. “Boy Mutton”, the recipe was called. “When he’s fattened and plump enough to your likings, prepare your meal for the slaughter. As long as they’re unaware, let them be gluttonous and sloven. At the first sign of suspicion or resistance is when you prepare.”

Gregor gulps at the page, then read further. The recipe continues to say, “To maintain your meal’s plump weight, a simple perma-hex in the food shall suffice. Any pound gained from your meals will never be lost.”

Horrified, Gregor hauled himself back to the bedroom, closing the door behind him. Handing his brother a muffin, he says, “We’re in some deep deep shit.”

“Meaning?”

Gregor eats his muffin as he explains. “She’s a witch, she’s making us fat so she can eat us. I saw it all in her cookbook.”

“And you still brought muffins?”

“Scared makes me hungry”, he defends, eating into his second muffin. “But we can’t let her know, we know, or it’ll be worse for us. What’re we going to do?”

“Keep her fooled”, Hansel suggests, eating into his second muffin. “Play the long con. We figure out how to defeat her, while not changing our routine. We just keep on eating and eating, maybe till we’re too fat for her liking.”

“That’s not such a bad idea,” Gregor replied, absentmindedly, he scars down the third muffin.

“Besides, we got plenty of food now, so we might as well enjoy ourselves. No point in being miserable.”

“But we’ll be fat.”

“Better fat than dead.”
© Copyright 2023 Llllo (hermesthoth890 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2289261-Hansel--Gregor-pt1