*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2266456-Dreamy-Clouds
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2266456
Flash Fiction
Dreamy Clouds

Laying in the sunshine flowing through my large window. Pretending I was on a sunny warm beach, instead of in my tiny apartment, in January, with a foot of snow outside. A foot of snow I had to shovel if I intended to get my car out of the garage to go to work the next day. Crap.

As I lay there watching the clouds float by I started noticing the cloud shapes looked like things. The first one that caught my eye looked like a lamb, all fluffy, as if it was running across a meadow. Then the second looked like a fluffy white wolf with a long shaggy tail, chasing the lamb. Goodness!

As I watched, suddenly a cat floated up and jumped on top of the wolf! Then the wolf and the cat melded together as if they were fighting, then they started looking like a giant white bag, and it was still chasing the lamb!

“Run lamb, run!” I shouted! But the bag quickly caught up with the poor lamb! But then, just as the bag was about to catch the sweet little lamb, the lamb, turned into a bird and flew away! Well, away from the bag, toward me.

Suddenly it wasn’t a lamb anymore, it looked more like a hawk, zeroing in on its prey, me!!

As it got closer, it got darker and darker outside. I felt frozen watching it, terrified, but unable to move!

Suddenly I jumped so high I swear I almost hit the ceiling, and woke up. Laying in my bed, breathing heavily I realized it had all been a dream. It wasn’t even daytime, it was the dead of night.

Worse, it was the dead of Sunday night, and I’d forgotten to shovel the snow! Double crap.
© Copyright 2022 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2266456-Dreamy-Clouds