*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2255319-Fores-shorts---In-Lizard-Eyes-Ch-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #2255319
Rossa's First day as and enforcer. Here she will encounter a Mystery a chase and a search.
Chapter 3:
Inn Cursus Corda


- Hit-Har-Er…

A slam on the desk startled Lenta and Rossa.

The source of the slam was a hand placed on the desk before them. One of many in the Enforcers Headquarters. This one however was considered for everyone. It had enough space to place all documents and evidence. Each of the scroll were unrolled so it contents would be easy to read. Other Substellio’s in the area, where minding their own business, making reports, or bringing the documents. The room was crude. Filled with documents or weapons on the wall. The yellow hand belonged to Jes-Ter, the rattle snake Sargent. He was the informant he knew what was happening on the streets and knew any thrown of the society member. If not, he knew exactly where the document of that person is. He grinned, while lifting his hand and spoke

- Just following orders.

- Har, ha –
mockingly laughed Lenta – His name sounds like that. Anyway… – She unrolled the scroll for further information - … Criminal record of… Homicide?

- What?! – asked Rossa/Luna leaning over the scroll. – I thought you get a death sentence after murder. The only pay up the family wants is blood.

- Usually yes… – added Jes - …, but how can a family throw charge, when they are already dead? He also did not have any distant relatives. So, for him to respect life, he was sold as a Gladiator.

- That’s Crazy.

- Some bills had to be paid. Anyhow, now the fun part. During his fighting career, he got hit one or two many times, heh. The effect was his inability to speak. So even if you squeeze him to blood for information, he will not talk. But you already tried that.

- Jokes aside –
grunted Lenta – What did you do to the body?

- As procedures go. Sent to the temple of life, harvested his intact organs, burn the remains and his ashes threw to our great sand empire.

- Good the last thing we need is a Necromancer with a super soldier revenant.


Rossa remember her history lesson. About 500 years ago, Maximerdis was besieged by a demon army known as Nomeds lead by Lady Yvne and the Succubus queen of the second circle Tsul. A siege with battles erupting outside the walls and within the city. Influence and temptation from the succubus, convinced the mages to start a necromancer rebellion. Those who oppose them were slayed and resurrected creating their own army. The forbidden mansion was suffering a siege within a siege. Eventually the rebellion was squashed by the espionage tactics made by young royal guards. Later known as Hassasin. Then came the aid from outside kingdoms. Vesper Tristan with their soul armour units. During the fights, the fallen Substellio’s were taken to the life priests. They took the vital organs from them to perform a transplant to help the other wounded soldiers and civilians so they could continue the fight. To be sure something like this won’t happen again the bodies were burned to ashes and scattered outside the city into the desert. Some even say that the freed souls helped drive the nomeds out.

- Anything about the owner of the inn?
- In theory Feya-Grom-Ana –
said Jes unrolling the scroll with a crud drawn portrait of a female Substellio. She was far from pretty. Short and rare hair on her head with long lonely horn on the top of her head and Pale blue scales. Teeth outside a jaw and an evil glare in her yellow eyes.
- Ana? – asked Rossa – The biggest landlord family?
- The very same, someone is into royal and noble rumours

- If he only knew – thought Essa
- Why in theory? – asked Lenta
- Well, the papers say it is her piece of land and she did pay to build that little business. But she is lost or dead for over several decades. Practically it’s no one land and for the taking of Ana’s family. Ironic the biggest landlord family has so many children that they bicker or argue which land is his/hers. Too think that was the plan so they won’t lose the land they keep on losing and forgetting.
- That would explain the state it was in –
said Lenta and looked across the room. Seeing the plans of the building mounted on the rock wall. – So, no concrete lead, Breed o! – snarled Lenta - Great no lead and no forces even if I wanted to…- she got cut off by rapid rattle sound. Again, the source was Jes-Ter
- Actually… – he slithered forward and made a full circle over the table – …that reminds me. Remember when you asked the Vesyr about that. Well got the answer right here. He is going to send some of the soldiers and royal guardsman for patrolling. They should arrive shortly. Ok, I’ll go check on any word about the white one. – he sneaked outside.

Like on que the guardsman arrived, several Substellio in full golden or golden patterned armour arrived at the entrance of the Headquarters. Rossa, freaked out. She still was a fugitive, probably the Vesyr send out the army so they could track her down. This situation made her disappear once Lenta turned to greet them. She walked to them and motion Rossa to came with her. She was surprised. Despite that the leader of the group passed her the scroll, Lenta took it and started to read. During that the leader of the Substellio, the one that was a yellow lizard started his speech

- As the commander I bring my brigade in the name of the Vesyr which is the tongue of the royalty. To bring help aiding our lesser class, please show me the leader so we can talk about a very important issue at hand.
- Lesser class –
murmured Lenta not breaking her sight and concentration of the scroll. Once she finished, she hid the scroll and said. – Ok every paper is in order, please go downstairs check the patrolling routes and go out there. Once finished report here.
- B-but –
started the commander - you cannot. You…
- I can. I am the commanding officer here. And as the scroll suggests, you are temporarily under my rule, so go down there and DO YOUR JOB. I got some more important issues, and my enforcer are thinly spread. So, go. –
Lenta was sharp on the edges once she was in work and did not like when others were slacking off or not doing what they have to. That last line was so demanding the Commander of the group quickly bailed out of the room. With that out of the way, Rossa got calmer and reappear next to Lenta which jumped in surprise. – Wha…? Where were you! – said again not losing her sharp tone
- Sorry, ladies’ room, that meat, must have passed through me. – Rossa referred to her cooking last night.

2 days has passed since the action in the tavern. Soon after sweeping and transporting the body. Lenta asked about her living area, so she could escort her. To Lenta’s surprise she said somewhere on the street. She may be roughed at the edges, but she did have a soft spot. She offered her a place to stay in her apartment. Despite the protests, she insisted it. Later explain herself “I like to work at home”. It was weird feeling to be treated partly as a case file. Yet this was way better then living or rather surviving on the cold street. Which was lethal for lizards. They quickly got along. Mostly in trying to figure the case they are dealing with right now.

– Anyway – continued Rossa clapping her hands – When I was in the bathroom a question strokes me. What happened to the group meeting, while we were fighting?
- They did the oldest trick in the book and sneak away.
- But how? I noticed just before they throw the meeting table at us, they escaped to the kitchen. But at the first glance I got there, there was no exit. And according to the plans –
she stepped towards the plans of the building – there is no backdoor, and the windows were sealed shut.
- That is… A good question. But I would rephrase it. How can a group of 4 Substellio escaped during the fight?
- A hidden passageway?
- Please –
Lenta snorted – This is life, not a criminal novel like in the book…
- “Mansion of Secrets” by Gata-Na-Kristii –
said Rossa and Lenta in unison. Looked at themselves surprised. After a brief pause, they both laughed.
- I did not expect that you read that.
- Are you kidding “Mansion of Secrets” is my second favourite book.
- Which is your first?
- “Wolf Conenville” Arturo Toil
- That foreign human one?
- You would be surprised, but foreigners have different view on mysteries sometimes noticing tiny details catching clues even in phrases. I was surprised when I did not notice that 1 detail that changed my whole hypothesis.
- Here I thought I am the only one doing that. Ok, ok good talk there. -
Rossa smiled hearing that from the chief. She may be rough, but she surely had a soft spot. Soft, but hard enough to struck Rossa’s heart. – Sorry to burst your bubble. This may be a noble business investment, but it can’t have one. Judging by the plans the underground it is solid rock with minor metals. The excavation need a permit and we don’t have any documents of that.
Rossa hummed and came closer to the plans of the building. She studied it carefully.
- Ok, kitchen, pantry, dining hall, guest room, guest room, another one. Lots of them, no surprises here. – read Rossa and made a map in her mind - Wait a minute. This Tavern is a business, right? Where is an office to count the income?
- Usually, they do it at closing hours in that counter or in the pantry.
- Details in phrases. –
whispered Rossa to herself and scratched her scaly chin. – The way The White One spoke “continue the negotiations in the kitchen or someplace safer” or something like that. Maybe there is something we are missing. – after pounding she asked Lenta - Can we still go inside the Tavern?
- Forgetting you are an enforcer, right? Got some sort of lead?
- More of a hunch.
- Better than sitting here. Then gear up and we can move.


Rossa/Luna’s gear was a typical for enforcers. Grey body armour with no sleeves and a slight silver outline near her neck. To the set were also bracers and greaves. With a composite crossbow on the left one. Besides that, a bag over her shoulder packed with bolts. Plus 2 daggers. One was hers the second was from the set. It was a small dagger with a cylindrical handle with a thin carver snake going over it.
Once geared they came to the inn. Surprisingly for Rossa the only thing that was guarding the entrance was only a yellow rope. The number of the enforcers were very low. Rossa felt like she came to a completely different room, where she was fighting. The dining hall was filled with pieces of wood and splinters, and so much dried blood, which still stanched the room. It was hard not to cover your nose.

- So -started Lenta – what are we looking for?
- I don’t know – replied happily Rossa – Once I find it, I’ll tell you. – she walked upstairs and started her search from the guestrooms. During that she started to talk – Aren’t you excited? Searching for hidden clues, which can change the course of the case?
- Great. –
grunted Lenta with a sneer – Another chore with no guarantee of a result.
- Excuse me? -
asked Rossa, successfully pulling a trick of multitasking. – As long as there is chance you should take it. Don’t this pump you with excitement?
- Luna, listen. I worked very long during that case. And other ones. The more days past, the more it felt like chores you had to do.
- Maybe, but with perseverance you may discover something that can lead to solve a mystery, just like in the books. -
Lenta laughed – What? I wanted to boost you not humour you.
- It’s not that. It’s just. You remind me of someone. You remind of me when I was younger. Eager to look twice or thrice to find even a speck of evidence. I envy your enthusiasm. I guess, I got burned out
- For a fire mage.
- Damn it Jes.
- Anyway, I was even questioning my life choices. Although I have limited choice being in the soldier tier.
- You considered a military career?
- Yes, and other thing that was no option for good living.
- Which was?
- Singing. And no, I won’t do it. So military was the first choice, which I drop it. I saw that mostly they put you on guard duty. There was no major threat since the Nomeds attack and then split of the guardians. I wanted to feel I’m doing something good and do something I like. Looking for evidence to move forward and go with my gut.
- Let me then ask you this. Did you follow your hunch when you found out which home would be robbed?
- Yes, I did.
- And how you felt when you discovered there’s more to this mystery? That you pushed forward in your investigation
- Well, I was glad of that and…
- Exactly! And you keep getting closer and closer and what will you do if you can see the finish line? You want to just say: “no, I am done”. Yes, it can be a chore, but once you get to end of it. There would be something you like and be glad that you made it all the way through and be truly happy. So, what is going to be chief?
- Why are standing for, let’s look for clues. Maybe we get lucky –
said Lenta with more determination in her voice. – Plus, I must make more of the this and another file to deal with.
- Which one?
- Your file, I’m slowly have a picture of you, and I like what I see. –
she said and started to look around the rooms.

Again, Rossa felt like her heart sped up. She adored Lenta for her way of handling work and knowing what she wanted, although in doubt she was happy she gave her motivation to push on. She felt good and a bit aroused. She felt that in the middle of searches Lenta was peeking at her. To Lenta’s excuse Rossa was doing the same. Mostly in the ass area, while she was bending down. She imagined how her arm muscles bulged in each movement caressing her body, just like she would go to her gently rubbing those rough black scales. Her daydreaming ended once she realized she was caressing the floor for too long.

- Got something? – Lenta asked
-N-no, t-though it was b-but, no! – thankfully Rossa scales were red so she could hide her embarrassment, she then added in her thoughts - Gex was right. I need to focus.

Despite this minor setback, they continue their search. In the rooms they mostly found only dust and cobwebs. They slowly descend to lower ground ending up in the dining hall and kitchen

- Wow, what happened there? – asked Lenta pointing the smashed drawers.
- I landed there after the throw.
- I’m surprised you did not break any ribs
- Y-yeah, youre not the only one. – she added in her mind.

The only search left was the pantry. It was below the kitchen behind a trap door. She opened and lowered herself on the ladder. Lenta provided the light to show the room. Most of the walls were brown rocks. Like in the reports, they were carved in to make the pantry. Rossa though that it would be a very spacious place with organized crates and barrels. Instead, she felt cramped with all of that in various places with no trace of any ergonomics’. Boxes and barrels of various sizes and shapes placed one on another with a hazard of falling off. It was hard to even move through these. Some of them were placed that you had to squeeze your way out. Lenta with her bulking arms was knocking most of the things, And Rossa had problems with squeezing her way through. She got reminded by Lenta that the boxes and barrels were checked and mostly they were empty, maybe in one of them was a rat. Rossa had enough and started to pack the boxes in the sides of the pantry, so she could walk more freely. Once she did that, she still felt like the pantry was smaller. Her gut told her something to check. She came up the ladder. Once in the dining hall she faced the wall turned around and walked toward the other wall. She was counting her steps.

- one, two three, (…) eighteen, nineteen, twenty. – she was face to face with a wall. She then descended downwards, where Lenta was doing searches and trying not to knock of any boxes. Rossa came to the wall on the far side and repeated the sequence. – one, two, three, (…) fourteen, fifteen. Fifteen? – She was facing a wall – It is smaller. But what that gives me? – she said turning away the wall and knocking some boxes with her tail and she heard the sound wood hitting the wood. – Wait a minute. - She looked at the wall she was facing. She looked on her left. The wall looked similar brown rock with a bit of orange glow, from the flames lid by Lenta. She knocked on the rock wall. Solid rock sound, she knocked then on the other wall, she felt like knocking on the door. - Wood? I think I got something. - She called Lenta and asked her to hold the boxes. Rossa noticed that on the near the wall was a single piece of polished wood near the rocky floor. She flipped it and noticed it was hiding a hole. She Kneeled down and put her fingers in. Then she made a major thrust up. The wooden wall went up. She revealed a room. – HA! There’s our answer “How can a group of 4 Substellio escaped during the fight?” They did not. They hid so then they can escape after all the commotion.
- For Terra’s Sake! –
Cursed Lenta – To think they were hiding under our noses!
- Or rather beneath our feet.


Lenta quickly lit up the room. The office had a crude interior design. The desk was carved by the side of the wall, few chairs, and a chimney. This time Lenta had found something. In the far-left corner of the chimney there was a charred piece of paper. She gently took it and spoke
- Decarburizatio.
She then slowly wipes the paper and the piece of paper cleared itself out of the black carbon that was covering it. It revealed with different shades of yellow in different spots and a number
- 1:5000.
- If I am not mistaken that is a scale which are used in maps.
- But in current state is useless unless I give it to Jes. If anyone can trace it, its him. –
Upstairs they met up with a peculiar scene. A Substellio just creeped inside the tavern. He was facing his back to our heroes, while slowly closing the door. He slowly turned and smiling to himself. He had light blue colour scales. He was wearing a yellow tunic with a hood. Rossa and Lenta recognized him immediately. He was one of the servants of the White one. The cause of the robberies. Once he saw our heroes his smile turned into a frown. Lenta prepped her crossbow and Rossa pulled her dagger out.
- Luna you are a stray of good luck. – Rossa/Luna smirked – Cuff him. – she used her other arm and prepared her pair of cuffs. The thief lowered his hands, but as soon as Rossa was one step away he shoved her and bailed. They ran after him.

The pursuit went through all known to them alleyway. The thief was throwing junk at them and even all the items from the meat stand. Forcing the obese lizard to get up from his stand and scrambling up all the pieces of meat. By that obstruction the distance between was getting longer. Their pursuit led them to market square. The marketplace was packed with Substellio’s and Non-Substellio’s such as dwarfs, elves, and a handful of humans. Typical, because there were many craftsmanship shops and perfect tourist trap. This transforms the chase into a search.
- Why everyone decided to shop here today? – thought Rossa. They had to split up, if anyone notice’s him they call either by telepathy or just by yelling. - Easier said than done, but he may be using the straits I have been using these past several weeks. – She quickly deducted that probably he will go to the most crowded area. In this case it was the centre, she even noticed that few of the Substellio’s was moving around like someone was passing through. Before she got there though she noticed something horrifying. 2 royal guards patrolling the area and asking around the public. She felt chill going across her spine ending on tip of her tail. She felt the urge to turn invisible, but she had to restrain it. It would be like an invitation of disaster if she suddenly disappears in public. Ironically, she would be seen. She had to think of a way to move undetected or at least keep them busy. Plus, she had to act fast. At this rate the trace would get cold, and she would lose him. Rossa noticed that the guards were mostly asking the shopkeepers. There she saw her chance. She swiftly and most importantly casually walked next to them while there were asking

- Have you seen a female Substellio? – asked one of the guards a sand coloured one.
- You must be more specific; we all look for good women – added jokingly bold elf. He was wearing a brown apron white shirt and pants. He was the fruit shopkeeper.
- Muha-Fiz pass me the scroll.
While the other Substellio was reaching at his bag, he turned. That was her chance, she moved closer and tripped the basket making the fruit in this case papaya fall off and roll over the marketplace, and there as swiftly as before moving out the way.
- Oh no! What have you done!
- Terribly sorry I’ll pick them up
- You touch ‘em you buy ’em
- What?! This is outrageous…


Rossa quickly left the scene. A rude intermission, but it had to be done. The lead guided her in the middle of the marketplace. Finally, she could look at the centre of the white paved market square.

Decorated like a proud peacock. Resembling a white sheet, where stains of paint where the shops and the people, organised in a modern art style. There were 4 wooden stores forming a square facing at every corner of the world. There was a fabric store, selling clothes and carpets, The next pottery with detailed depictions on history, incest for rituals with wooden furniture and all kinds of herbs. Many Substellio’s where gathered in lines watching and eventually buying the products that were yelled upon. Each of the Substellio’s gathered here were nobles, merchants, and servants of the nobles. Rossa recognized them by their multi-coloured clothing. Servants were usually wearing mainly in 1 coloured marked by the family. Sort of marking where they belong. Merchants were in multiple colours to be more eye catching as much as their stock. One of the clients was giant 7-meter female Substellio proudly presenting herself to the group of friends in her new outfit. She had grey scales with a light cobalt coloured underbelly. She had 3 pairs of horns on her head, filled with multi-coloured tuft of feathers. And was wearing a single piece skirt, covering her whole legs but revealing her other voluptuous features. Such as her belly about F cups chest. It was good idea for the thief to hide in this gathering f.e. pretending his interested in the products. He was sitting up the pursuit. Same tactic Rossa was using.

– Looks like my good luck streak ended. – though Rossa. Fruitless search looked like a waste of time. She was disappointed. Rossa felt this might be it. Yet she decided - better call Lenta - It was hard to concentrate because “queen” of the market square had to be the loudest one here.

- … I know right, fit like a glove. Tailored. And with this - she twirled around, which made her colossal sizes sway from side to side and made the skirt ride up a bit. – He just must ask me out - Rossa did notice something during that action, while the friends were focused on her upper body, as her boob swayed. She noticed something beneath her skirt. Except the big meaty legs, she noticed another pair of legs walking and dodging the twirl.
- Who needs luck when you have observant skills. – she smirked. She will enjoy this. She Casually walked toward the giant “queen” and pretended she was looking somewhere else. She had to act discreet. She did not want to flash anyone; she still was a princess and had standards. This time she slowly slid her tail under the skirt. Like a snake she would wrap around the leg of the thief, to pull him out. She did that to perfection. The thief fell on his back with a hard thud and yelling in surprise. He got pulled from under the skirt. The “queen” and her friends squeaked in fear yelling “pervert!” and ran. Rossa felt proud. That triumph however was short lived. Once his cover was blown, He raised his leg and kicked Rossa right in the knee. An audible crack was heard and later a painful scream pierced through the market square. Her knee was bended in the wrong direction from that kick. The Thief used that moment to stand up and bail yet again. Rossa fell on the ground, clutching her leg. The regular tumult when silent. A crowd gathered around Rossa forming a tight circle. Emotion’s flooded Rossa, mostly shame and fear. All the hardships she faced. Finding someone she cares, finding someplace she fit. Ruined in 1 stupid mistake. She exactly knew, that in that crowd were royal guards, ready to collect her. She shivered once she felt a tap on her shoulder. Thankfully it was Lenta.

- Report… - she sighted – I mean. Are you alright? – All of Rossa’s emotions washed away when she saw her. All she cared right about now was Lenta’s succeeding. Thankfully that diversion backfired on the thief, the crowd gathering made his run a bit more difficult.
- There he is, quickly get him, before he runs away – grunted Rossa, trying to endure the pain.
- I can’t just leave you here!
- Catch him or all that work will go down the drain! –
Rossa felt tears filling her eyes, feeling the pain, and closing royal imprisonment.
- but…
- Just go!
- F~fine but I am coming back!
- Breed o! –
cursed Rossa – Got careless and of course not focused - She watched as Lenta was gaining on her chase. Rossa however was left on that “tiny island”. Like the embarrassment was not enough, there was that stupid crowd gaze. Watching with dull interest like sick play. Plus, that unbending danger. So, this is how her story will end. Just before the finish she would give up… - NO! – her own voice echoed through her mind. All the word’s she spoke to Lenta about not giving up, even during chores was more then enough to shake her of this. She needs to catch up to Lenta. First thing. Remove witnesses, she placed a hand on the ground and said - Terra motus.
The ground slowly started to shake. With each shake got more rapid and frantic. Slowly growing in power, all the Substellio’s and other people either fall on the ground or trying to catch their precious stock. Once that was done, she needs to fix her leg. Which surprisingly it did. Maybe she put the joint back in place once she clutched her leg. Never mind, she stopped the earthquake, stood up and ran toward Lenta.

Rossa had to pick up her pace if she wanted to catch up with Lenta and her pursuit. She still could hear shout’s Like “Flamma sphera!” or “flamma Murus” in the distance. Later shouts were more hearable, and the flames were more visible as she approached. Rossa had dome problems along the way. Once laundry that someone had to put across, next time children Substellio’s playing. On one occasion the ball was flying toward toward her. She catches it by her chest and scored a goal. After that Rossa reached the point where she assumed the streets were connecting. Besides dirt, a ruin of a house and other small home there was nothing. She noticed Lenta. The chase was getting closer, she still had time to form a proper block. She went to the debris concentrated her energy and spoke. – Lapis Armo – the debris were dragged on to her like a magnet. Each of them was coming toward her and slowly covering her whole body with stones. When she was fully covered, she turned on her invisibility. Just in time she noticed that Lenta managed to catch his tail, but he laughed it off and detached it. His laugh just like Rossa’s victory lived short. She slammed himself into Rossa’s stone wall. He felt dizzy, while falling on the floor.

- Hey watch were you… – he went silent when a wall appeared before him the stones fell loose and fell between him and Rossa which was smiling and dusting off the rest – but how?!
- Lapis mana – Said Rossa and made a gesture of a half-closed fist – the debris that fell now attached themselves on the thief engulfing him in a stone grabbed hand. – Excuse me, but you are not in a position to ask questions.
- What… Never… mind -
said between huffs Lenta catching up to them. – you’re… amazing.
- Was that a compliment?
- Eww, I’m goanna barf here –
destroyed the moment the thief.
- Why were you at the closed Tavern? - asked Lenta after catching her breath.
- I’aint telling you nothing.
- Better answer know or…
- Or what, you gonna pull of the good enforcer and bad enforcer performance. I perfectly know your ticks you aint goanna hear Jack-shit from me.
- Oh –
said Rossa – Who told you about that? – Lenta wanted to say something, but Rossa hushed her by moving her hand to let her finish – This performance is called more of an Enforcer and a Life priest enthusiast.
- What the… Life priest enthusiast?
- Easy, I’ll explain. I am more of and Life priest enthusiast because I really like them. All the surgeries they do to save lives and the experiments they do on bodies. I Even read once that mostly of our functions are located on our spines and if we squeeze them into a panic, they will send a signal. For example. If you pressed this point. -
She slightly clenched her fist, the hand got tighter around his body. Suddenly he started panting – See that? I just made you pant like running after a marathon. Now for my next trick ill press these points – this time she closed her eyes and concentrated the sand to press them from beneath him. This made his pant end up with a bulge between his legs – I just made you so horny your member pocked out of it slit. Too bad usually you hide them in battles, so they won’t get into your way. Now I wonder what will happen if I press the member during…
- Fine Ok, stop. I’ll talk, I’ll talk. –
Interrogation was not in Hassasin training, but one of Master Gex lessons was. Find a weakness in the opponent and exploit it. And seeing his “interests” she knew that playing roughly with his member would be something he did not want.
- What were you about to do in the tavern? - asked again Lenta
- I was there send by the boss. I have to be sure to destroy all the evidence that might lead to her.
- Who is she?
- I Don’t know.
- Continue the experiment…
- No! Seriously I don’t know. She did not want any personal connections, that could locate her. We just called her white.

- Not to original – though Rossa
- Ok, then tell me, where does this map lead to? – Continued Lenta
- It leads to another meeting place. She wants to talk with one of the crime lords of the city something about new power and order. – said the thief.
- Where does that lead?
- Ha having the map is one thing, finding would be a tricky part
- What kind of trick?
- Are you kidding me, they kill me afterward if I say so. And I won’t be able see the new order. –
Lenta made a gesture, so Rossa could continue. This time she clenched her fist. His ribs were popping and cracking – Ok, ok stop. She did not tell directly; the map only leads to one of the waypoints after reaching the Southeast of the map she said, “The place will be eye catching and hidden behind tradition” That’s all I swear. I swear!
- Well, we got a lead, you are not just a luck charm –
said Lenta, she walked toward her she places her finger on her neck and gently ride up to her chin saying – You are a charm.
Rossa could only resemble a goofy smile yet again got distracted by her looks. Not focusing on future dangers.

To be continued… In chapter 4
Mystery of Inn Corcnite cursus corde.

Made by Zielnik aka DragonKnight.
Thank you :D
© Copyright 2021 Equestor (equestor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2255319-Fores-shorts---In-Lizard-Eyes-Ch-3