*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2246894-Regna-Malebenedicta
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Chapter · Fantasy · #2246894
Feudal conquest
Looking out and down through the archers slit, she could see through the morning fog swirling. A few people moving through the the mist like shades gathering for a feast on fallen prey. Huge animals being maneuvered in positions. Positions she with which she was familiar.

She turned away and sank slowly to the stone floor. She built this fortress. Had it built and married and married here for the third time here.

How long precisely her grandson had been holding her captive she was unsure but it was obvious to her by the activity she'd just watched that he had finally made a decision.

She had recognized one of the fierce stallions being as the one called Alleance. He had bravely borne her into that last battle. The battle she had lost. The battle that had landed her here in this tower prison. Alleance was to be one of two beasts that would pull her apart.

Her grandson was paying attention and going for spectacle. A smart move from a man usually slow and plodding.

Alleance would be recognized by anyone of the crowd due to assemble to witness her execution. Some in the crowd would have been in that battle and they would delight in the spectacle of her being pulled into pieces.

She had raised this boy king who had been known as Lord Alderood. She knew the man he had become. The one she had made him to be. The one who would be known as King Alderood II upon her death.

She exhaled her disdain. He was a vile yet determined man. She had intended for him to be one of her puppets not one of her opponents, but at least she knew whom she was up against and she felt every moment of her advanced age fall in upon her.

She was tired.




© Copyright 2021 Edwilson (edmitchell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2246894-Regna-Malebenedicta