*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2243553-Hell-Isnt-What-You-Think-Chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Horror/Scary · #2243553
When its the end of humanity, what will you do?
Chapter 1:The Lives Of Flies (Archer’s POV)


With the wind howling in the night. My eyes were not on the parking lot keeping watch, but that’s because there are way more of us out here than there should be. While looking up at the sky I can see all the stars of the night. The one good thing about the post-apocalypse. There is no light pollution, same with noise unless near a huge horde.

While sitting there I decided to spark up a joint. I am glad Ash has his secret stack. I smiled as the taste of the joint made my entire mouth instantly start to water. I missed getting stoned and just relax. Since the general and his huge platoon showed i[. They started taking control of the entire community. That was a month ago, and a week after we just recovered from, a horde.

As I began to feel that floating in the air feeling from smoking, and doing a quick scan of the parking lot, but it was so dark I could barely see the cars in the parking lot. The embers of the joint seem to shine like a candle. There wasn’t anything from what I could see so I looked back into the sky.

While looking into the sky I can see a small streak, but in a few seconds I can see it before I am blinded, and the parking lot was bathed in light like it was noon at night. I was able to notice a few stragglers, but then a deafening explosion hit, and one word hit my mind. A meteor! Then I began to think about how the death would be. A very quick second. If the heat doesn’t kill you. A nanosecond later you will be smashed and explode with the meteor at it makes it impact, but it just flew over us and crashed into thee forest behind the school. We were hit with the shockwave which wasn’t strong enough to throw us over the wall, but it made me stumble. This is when I became aware of the ringing, and I fainted back from the sensory overload from both lights and a extremely loud noise. My anxiety was going off, and that stress caused me to faint.

When I came to I was hearing gunshots go off. I shook my head and right when I looked I saw a friend of mine’s head get shot. I was surprised, but when I felt a barrel against my head. Without thinking I grabbed the barrel, and shoved up as the gun went off and I pulled my knife and began slashing while the guy wearing camouflage began fighting back. While fighting it began to feel weird seeing how fighting him seemed like fighting my uncle.

Like he didn’t know how to really fight. When he punched at me again I grabbed it and used the momentum and had him over the edge of the roof. He just kicked me which caused me to let go, and I hear him scream as he began to fall to his death.

I took a breath as I began to see Kevin come up. I grabbed the guy’s AR-15, and once he was on me and helped me up/ I gave him the rifle. The second it was in his hand he cocked it wasting a bullet. While I took a rest seeing the guy’s life I took. I can’t believe I am saying this, but it felt really easy. That thought began to scare me, but I began to hear loud moaning of all sorts. When I saw the flare on the ground, and so I aimed just above the woods, and the second I pulled the trigger my heart stopped seeing how condensed the horde was. Soon the walkie went off about people leaving and to fuck this place.

“I just realized one thing Arch.” Kevin said looking at the guy.

“Man don’t stare at him.” I said as he looked at me with fear in his eyes.

“What he an acquaintance?” I asked seeing the concerned look on his face.

“He was apart of that gang in Cass Lake!” Kevin let out with a tone that sounded scared. Then it hit me.

“Explain to me everything about them!” I let out on Kevin until I heard a engine. When I turned I saw a helicopter. I grabbed Kevin and we ran and dove behind a air duct. I told Archer to get ready, and we both got our rifles ready to fire.

No time we sat there, and the helicopter almost crash landed. They bounced with their landing. Instantly two people came out holding AK-47s. One with skin so dark he almost blended into the night that surrounded us, and the other looked like the other one, but smaller. “Identify yourselves!” The guy let out, “We have enough firepower to blow you away.

“How about you first since you landed in our base!” I let out with my finger on the trigger ready to shoot to kill.

“My name is Ace, and this is my brother Mitch.” Ace said, “Now you.”

“My name is Archer, and this is my friend Kevin.” I said, and right when I said my name I heard a scream of a girl, and right when I saw this girl rush off the helicopter. This is when I realized it was my sister Emma! I just dropped my rifle and jumped the air duct and we hugged each other.”Oh my god I can’t believe you are still alive!” She let out crying, and I could barely contain myself.. Another guy came out with the bags, and they all grabbed a bag, and they even gave us a couple of backpacks.

“What’s the plan right now?” I hear Ace go, and I tell them to follow me. We walked down to the stairwell that into the back of the school. Once we walked down the stairs. I held the rifle ready to fire when I see the door open and one of the soldiers ready to shoot, but all I did was capped him a few times doing what Ash told me. Three to the chest and one to the head.. I stepped over him, and stopped for a second grabbing the magazines seeing the gun he had was a AR-15. “You didn’t have to put one in the head.” I heard Emma say.

“Oh around here you do otherwise they will rise again. It doesn’t matter if you are bitten. With all that info plus the lots of people that turned after taking their own lives. At least the ones that didn’t paint their brains all over the walls.”I explained as another one showed up. I quickly shot off the gun and did the same. “Besides you don’t know if they are wearing Kevlar. The tap to the head is just to make sure they are taken out.” I said and Ace seemed to agree.

“What were you saying earlier Kevin?” I asked Kevin as we continued down the hallway that lead to the automotive part of school. Walking around here we noticed a big group of old students were turned against the glass.

“They were a small town gang, but after the fall I guess they got a huge group of people together and managed to fake being military. That’s smart because Scott was so settled on waiting for help which I still think was really stupid of him to let them take charge without discussing it with the council.” Kevin said as we continued out to the Common’s right when we see the walls collapse.

“Run!” yelled as we all rushed, but once we got to the end of the hall I had to use my shoulder and slam my way through the small patch of Cere’s that managed to get in. Right when I got through I turned to see Kevin, Emma, Ace, and Mitch, but the other guy was missing. I didn’t think about him as we just ran because if we stop. We are dead. We kept on going as the hordes of undead manage to break through more parts of the wall. There is a huge group of us in the center, but I just kept going leaving everyone behind. I was just fixed on trying to find a way out. When I turned a corner I saw a huge horde of Cere’s coming in from the Gymnasium. I turned and saw a group of soldiers come my way and I back up until I am pulled into a room with a hand over my mouth. The door closed and I was fighting.

“Shh, It’s me Arch.” I hear Lilly’s voice. Instantly she turned on a lantern, and we grabbed the rope and began to tie the door shut connecting the rope as we begin to notice the door opening slightly. Not too long after that we hear screaming, and the moaning was replaced on the door. We managed to pull the door completely shut. I feel back taking my breath. I looked around and this was the closet we used to put a little bit of the food, and a small amount of ammo, and some bugout bags. I just laid down and began to catch my breath and process everything
© Copyright 2021 PackRat (surv1vor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2243553-Hell-Isnt-What-You-Think-Chapter-1