*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2242266-Marissa-Ferris
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #2242266
Her life and adventures from lesser noble to priestess.
My name is Marissa Ferris of the lesser merchant noble family. My parents Rasoul, Roya Ferris with their four children living in the port city of Matan on the edge of the infernal desert.
Biya my older sister married a merchant captain by the name of Oksu Amed who helps my father moves his goods to other cities, she studied diplomacy and financials to help with making money, my older brother Bahram join the city watch and made a name for himself to protect the city, and are father's business. Was promoted to sergeant in the city watch in just two years. My young brother Raza studies hard to be a merchant learning diplomacy and financials like my father. And for me the third child I never really want any of it so after my studies,
I when sneak out and wander around the city until I came across the local temple of Sarenrae where I meet a priestess named Ansi Nobleeyes who let me learn about her goddess and started to teach the way of the priesthood. Learn to heal with herbs and medicines, how to identify herbs to help others.
When I came of age my father arranges to marry me to lord Fremund Chambers of the city of Saneef to help him rise our family standing in the noble ranks. I never meet him and it was a long trip to his city. My journey started in my hometown of Matan A city on the edge of the infernal desert.
At the city docks, I meet the Captain of the ship called Sarenrae pride. Captain’s named Macarius Busturo, second mate and ship’s doctor a cleric of sarenrae by the name of Remicus Sammus. It will take two months to get to Lord Fremund Chambers city.
The first week of the voyage was Interesting with the permission of the captain I was taught how to use a sword and the crew of the ship used scimitars practice every day which was what the clerics of sarenrae use. Every morning I got up before the sun rose to see the sunrise in my home town the builds stop you from seeing the sunrise unloose you were at the temple in town.
The by mid-second week got interesting when the lookout called out another ship appeared over the horizon and started to follow us. The ship was painted in red and the sails were a crimson red. The pirate’s ship was part of the red fleet one of the infamous pirate clans know in those waters. It chased us for over a day when it gains speed on us and was coming up to our side. They jumped aboard and started to attack the crew as they defending the ship as two of the crewmembers guided me to the captain’s room to protect me. I hated that I couldn’t do anything to help because I was a nobility so when one of the crewmen was protecting me was killed I grabbed his scimitar and surprise the pirate and stabbed him. Fight with the other crewmen we defend ourselves against the other pirates. After dispatching the pirates that enter the captain’s room we fight our way to the deck. Only to faceoff with the captain of the pirates who were about to enter the hallway leading to the captain’s room, I and the other crewman was to push him back outside to the main deck where we were quickly overwhelmed by how strong he was. My temp to defend myself failed when he stabbed me thru the chest, I dropped to my knees and topper over. Laying on the deck bleeding out. The crew of the ship saw what happened and rally, and push the pirates off the ship.
Meanwhile, time slim to slow, and everything got muffed as Stanger female dress in a robe with white and blue star patterns with gold trim appeared and approached me kneed down beside me, and laid her hand on my chest it felt like a warm blanket wrapped around me and slowed the bleeding. As she looked at me saying “it is not your time children.” Then she got up and turned walked away with time reassuming.
The crew fought and won against the pirates forcing them to retreat. The captain and the ship’s doctor ran up to me and found I was barely alive, took me to my cabin with the help of the ship’s doctor I slowly recovered over the next week. During that week I told the ship’s doctor what happened to me and called it a blessing and I should see the head priest in town.
By the end of the next week, we came to the town of Sabiya. So when we docked and resupplied the ship, I headed to the temple where I meet with the head priest Dawnfather Tharvei Dawnhammer where I told him what happened to me.
“I believe that lady sarenrae see a bright future for you than the life you are living now.” as he reached over and handed me a book called the birth of light and truth.
“I hope maybe this might help you?” As I looked over the book.
“But in the end, it was up to you to choose.”
I got up and leave the temple and walked a bit until I got to the ship. After spending all day and most of the morning, I got awoke and talked to the captain. Asking him to give them my signet ring to prove to lord Chambers and my family that I died by the pirates. After some time he agreed. And he and his ship head off. And I headed to the city of Janni far to the south where I started my training to be a cleric of Sarenrae.
© Copyright 2021 kaibrightwing (kaibrightwing at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2242266-Marissa-Ferris