*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2236395-Script-2
by Binks
Rated: 13+ · Script/Play · Mystery · #2236395
A P.I. is hired by the wife of a reporter.
EXT - OLLIE'S DINER - NIGHT

Small, tight, dark, & grim would be the best way to describe this spot. Everyone insides not to expressive, not one smile. It's not quiet but it isn't loud. You don't go to OLLIE's to party. You go to write, read, maybe cop weed. In the far back corner LUNA and SANDRA share a basket of fries.

SANDRA is in her late 20s. She's dressed "the brightest" of everyone in the joint. Look around and you could spot a trench coat or two. Not this woman; a bright white button up over a sky blue skirt and Vintage 90s woman's Chunky Platform Pumps(Heels). Lightly applied makeup.

LUNA is in he early 20s, Hispanic, with a curvy figure. Her box frame glasses sit above her forehead, resting on her dark brown hair. Pen in one hand a french-fry in the other.

SANDRA
I just thought we'd have more time. I have 8 siblings. Blood, halves, and step. Because of them I never wanted kids. Never wanted to have a children just in case whoever I was with turned out to be a jackass in the end. Now that mine are at risk I can finally say, I know what real love is.

LUNA
Don't mean to cut you off. You've been raising them for a while, you and your husband knew the risk. They've lasted this long through the up and downs of his careers. You need to get over yourself and stop thinking with you heart. I've got 11 siblings but I'm focusing on the problem at hand not old ass feelings. Usually I'd sit around for the sob story but I've got these light details already.

SANDRA
What do you mean?

LUNA
Two days SANDRA! We've been emailing each other for two days. I wanted to meet today because you take to long to email back. So far all I've got is SARA & JOHN, your kids. 10 and 13 years old. RODERICK, your husband. 32 years old. Kids currently attending public school for the first time in 6 years after PHD wielding father goes missing. Mother isn't concerned about kids social behavior because kids have had friends since childhood. Kids questioned and pressured without lawyer present. And Franklin referred you.

With an angry face LUNA pulls her bookbag from against the wall of the booth. Pulling out a manila folder containing 4 photos. 2 email printouts, 1 superimposed photo of the husband, and a copy of police report.

DEBBY, an older, uglier, chain-smoker approaches the table. The diner's waitress. She drops off a plate of spaghetti to the table. SANDRA looks her up and down, trying to hide her disgusts. The easiest thing for her in the moment is to just look away.

LUNA
Thanks DEB!

DEBBY
(Groans)
Uh-Huh.

LUNA slides the plate in front of SANDRA.

LUNA
I know it may be hard but you need to eat. Try. I don't believe your children are in as much danger as you think. I think you husband was chasing a scoop. I'm trying to figure out where the scoop lead him without disappearing myself. Don't know how much you know about his work or provided assignments but if he had a briefcase, file cabinet, shit an office I'll need access before going any further.

SANDRA
He works from home and the police haven't taken anything . Even though I've asked them too look through his work documents. They think he was psychotic after seeing the office. You'll think I'm psychotic for staying with him as long as I did. We've been together for 5 years and knew him for 9. I've been there during moments of his life where he's acted psychotic. This new article or whatever killed him. It... It... It killed my RICK!

Her cries get louder but not one person in the diner pays her any mind. LUNA stares intently like she's mad to see this.

© Copyright 2020 Binks (binkssa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2236395-Script-2