*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2231923-Stoick-and-Hiccup-stories-in-order
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Letter/Memo · Fanfiction · #2231923
Current timeline on HTTYD stiries
Today is Thursday, September tenth, 2020.

The story timeline begins with Stoick, age three and continued on through Hiccup at age thirteen.

Stories with an asterisk * are potential tales, but not guaranteed.

*Gothi’s Beginnings. How Sylvi, age thirteen, accepted the position of trainee healer, and the opportunity to become The next Gothi. Not written, just an idea. Sylvi, age thirteen.

Correction. Stoick, age three, is given an abuse spanking by Father. It is a crucial event for the course of the relationship between Stoick and his father. Existing story published in FF and AO3. Needs rewriting. Stoick, age three.

His Own. Follows immediately after Correction. A horrified, ashamed Halvar Haddock apologizes to Stoick. Stoick decides his is Papa, not Father. They reconcile. Exists on AO3 and FF. Needs rewriting. Stoick, age three.

*Mama’s Battle. Stoick, age three, overhears his Mama put Ragna in her place. Not written, just an idea.

Careful. Exists on AO3 and FF. Can be improved. Stoick, age four, gets in trouble with his mama. Papa comforts and encourages him, telling him a story about his sister getting in similar trouble.

Learning to Stand/Stand. After 18 months of being disciplined by his mama, Stoick’s papa returns to seeing his son for a wrongdoing. Halvar abused Stoick when Stoick was three, and realized what he’d done, and never wanted to hurt Stoick again. Because of the abuse, they are both nervous and wary. Every account of Stoick doing wrong adds a new expectation—don’t run away, stand up, chin level, etc. Halvar is teaching Stoick how to stand for all his life, not just when he is in trouble. Inconsistency because the same lesson appears in two different accounts. Hoping to make this a chapter length fic with more lessons as Stoick grows from age 4.5 to 6.

*Burn. Stoick, age 4 years, nine months, disobeys Gobber. He refuses to leave when told, then shouts, startling Gobber. Gobber is burned by molten iron. Gobber is angry, Coalie is angry, and Halvar is furious. Coalie tells Stoick he’s earned a butt blistering. Since Stoick’s disobedience and dangerous behavior occurred in the smithy, Coalie doesn’t have to wait until Stoick is five. Coalie offers Stoick a choice: be spanked right then in front of Gobber and his father, or wait until he’s five and be spanked by Gobber and Coalie without his father present. Stoick chooses to wait.

When Stoick’s birthday comes, Gobber spanks him that evening. Betrayed, Stoick tells Gobber, “You hurt me.” Gobber points out his scar and tells Hiccup “So did you.”
Stoick goes home, angry, sore and embarrassed.

The next day, Coalie blisters his butt, leaving Stoick humiliated. Gobber walks him home, both matter-of-fact and sympathetic.

Brenna. Time skip. Hiccup, after being chastened, hears the story of his aunt Brenna’s chastening. Complete but unpublished. Can be improved. Hiccup is 6.7, Stoick is 37, Stoick is six, Brenna is 8.5.

*The Talk. The night of Brenna’s chastening, she tries for sympathy from Stoick. She tries to wheedle and trick Stoick into agreeing she was wronged. Stoick tells her a few home truths. Stoick six, Brenna 8.5 Might not publish.


The Older Brother. Stoick is six and Gobber eleven. Gobber is shocked when the Chief tells him how often the words “Gobber says” leave Stoick’s mouth. The Chieftess and Chief wants Gobber to act as an older brother to Stoick. Gobber agrees and is given the freedom to teach, scold, encourage, and generally be a big brother to their son. He realizes he will see a more personal side to the Haddocks, and that to some extent, they do consider him a brother to Stoick—it’s not just words. Needs work.

Finding Beauty/His Efforts, edit three. Finding Beauty. Stoick, age six, pleads to be allowed to stand on the newest ship being built. The shipwright puts him to work so he can earn it. His Efforts, edit three. Hiccup, age nine, thinks he’s inadequate because he’s only a blacksmith’s apprentice and Stoick is amazing. Gobber insists Stoick tell him about working for the shipwright. Time skip. Both incomplete. Not certain which one I’ll keep. His Efforts, edit three, has decent character traits for Hiccup. Likely end of arc for Stoick’s early childhood. Incomplete.

Stoick’s Seventh Birthday. Stoick turns seven, and learns how to Chief. Veronika realizes Flint will soon be able to see Halvar for his wrongdoing. Scared of losing her youngest, Veronika babies him. She insists Stoick look after Flint and provide anything his brother wants. Stoick is torn between the things Halvar requires him to do, and Veronika’s demands.

Out of Patience. Stoick, age nine, is once again harassed by Oswald, thirteen. In the wake of Veronika Haddock’s death, Stoick finally tells Oswald no. The entire tribe, plus the Meathead and Bog Burglar tribes back Stoick. Multi chapter. Incomplete.

Having Leave. In the wake if Hiccup’s first spanking, he tells Gobber the story of Gunnar Iverson’s death at Aerie Rock. Published on AO3 and FF. Needs rewriting to make compliant with other works. Stoick is eleven, Stoick is thirty-six, Hiccup is six and a half.

*Alvin. Stoick, just turned eleven, befriends a ten-year-old boy named Alvin. Alvin is new to Berk, and Stoick hides his identity as the Heir, hoping to just be a normal boy. Incomplete.

*Mercy. Stoick, fifteen, almost breaks the peace of the Thing. Gobber drags him off and tears into him, angry and disgusted. Stoick feels like a small child under his older brother’s tongue. Gobber threatens a beating he won’t deliver. Stoick shudders but volunteers. Gobber stalks off, wanting nothing to do with Stoick. Stoick POV. Incomplete. Next part, Gobber POV. Gobber meets with the Chief to discuss the situation. He gets an update on what is occurring with the Meathead that riled Stoick, and reports on Stoick’s willingness to accept a beating. Gobber never planned to beat him, and he and the Chief discuss this new maturity in Stoick.

Contact. Stoick, sixteen, discovers a badly beaten girl. He races to Gothi’s with her, and is thrown out by the healer. Departing Gothi’s hut, he runs across a cluster of girls, ages eight to eleven. He asks for a volunteer to help Gothi. A shy nine year old Valka volunteers. She is unthreatening and Stoick gladly sends her to help. This is the first time Stoick has an interaction with her. Incomplete.

A Weapon. Valka, age ten, wants weapons training. She wasn’t born on Berk, and her mother does not consider them a part of Berk. Her parents deny her weapons training, but Stoick and Gobber offer to help her look at weapons. She speaks with her mother, and her parents agree to let her try. Incomplete.

Stoick’s Idea. Having manipulated events in order to get weapons training for Valka, Halvar sends him to speak to Valka’s mother. It is awkward, but he is able to present his ideas to Valka’s mother. For a weapon, a staff. To integrate with the village, let her assist Gothi. He does not mention Gothi’s skill with the staff.

Coming Home, third edit. Stoick is besotted with Valka, and seven months into their marriage, still hasn’t told her her cooking is dreadful, for fear of hurting her. He accidentally blurts it out, and the results are...intriguing. Complete. Not posted. Needs editing.

Through Grief and Beyond. Stoick’s grief and recriminations in the wake of losing Valka. Complete. Not published. Needs editing. Probable I abandon this.

I Will Make You Proud. Stoick notices Hiccup knows how to fix his drink. Hiccup is able to pay attention, and can begin schooling. Hiccup is four, Stoick thirty-four.

Treasure Chests. Trapped inside because of a terrible storm, Hiccup wants to look in Stoick’s chests of mementos. They find an old kitchen book.

A Place to Be. Gobber has a stool made for Hiccup. Hiccup can be in the forge, if he sits on the stool and never moves it.



© Copyright 2020 Whiskerfaceschoolsout! (whiskerface at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2231923-Stoick-and-Hiccup-stories-in-order