*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2227937-In-the-Bushes
by B.K
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2227937
In the Bushes is a horror short about something that is hiding in the bushes.
On one particular Saturday morning, Mike was mowing the lawn. His lawn grass was getting too long and he was quite embarrassed of it. Mike hated mowing the lawn but he had to do it or else it would turn into a jungle. As he mowed, the heat came down on him like he was in an oven. He took his sweaty shirt off and continued mowing. As Mike was mowing the lawns corners, he noticed something in the bushes. He believed he saw a pair of eyes in one of them, poking out and looking at him. "What the fuck!?" Mike said, he suddenly stopped mowing and jumped back. He looked closer and could still see the eyes peeing at him. "Uh, hello?" Mike said politely. He stepped closer to the bush, sweating nervously. "Look you're going to have to get off my property, or I'll call the police." Mike said. There was no answer from the pair of eyes. Mike was getting angry now. "GET OUT OF MY BUSHES!" he yelled. But Mike suddenly stopped when a pair of dry grey hands with long and dirty fingernails came out of the bush. Mike looked disgusted and looked as if he was about to vomit. "Who are you!?" Mike said. There was no answer once more. The hands came out further and further toward Mike reaching out for him. The arms just kept getting longer and longer until they were unnaturally too long for a human. "W-what?" Mike said stepping back farther, he was going to run but he couldn't do it, he was frozen in place. The arms then went faster toward him and grabbed him by the chest. Mike had never been this terrified before, never in his life. Then the arms tugged at him and he fell face flat on the ground, his mouth tasting his freshly cut grass. Mike screamed, "AGH, Help!" But the screams wouldn't help him because a second later the arms pulled him over to the bushes. Mike screamed on the way there, but when his body entered the bush he could be heard no longer. That was the last time everybody had seen Mike. All that was left was the lawnmower on the freshly cut grass.
© Copyright 2020 B.K (write.o at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2227937-In-the-Bushes