*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2214891-Timeline-HTTYD-Stories
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Letter/Memo · Fanfiction · #2214891
Should I connect these stories into a longer fic?
Timeline for short stories/chapters in the Halvar universe.



Gothi’s Beginnings: The beginning of Gothi’s journey to become healer and priestess.

Correction, part one: Stoick, age three, receives his first spanking from his father, Halvar Haddock.

His Own: Stoick’s father realizes he’s crossed a line with spanking Stoick and seeks to mend the the relationship.

Mama’s Battle: Stoick, age three, runs off after breaking something and having Ragna speak harshly to him. Stoick’s Mama finds and comforts him, then sends him for a nap to have it out with Ragna.

Careful: Four-year-old Stoick is in trouble with his Mama, when Papa talks to him and helps him understand.


Stand/Learning to Stand/Solid and Square: Hiccup sees his Papa for wrongdoing, and Halvar uses these instances to teach Stoick to stand in front of him. Stoick learns to stand straight, chin up, meet Halvar’s eyes, and other such lessons. He is training his son to stand tall for every instance, not only when he’s facing Halvar.


Abed: Stoick’s father beats him, putting Stoick in bed with his injuries. It drives him to recognize his abusive behavior and mistreatment of his son.

The Talk: Stoick, age six, discusses her chastening with his sister Brenna, age eight and a half, while refraining from giving her the sympathy and cosseting she expects to get. He tells her it was all her fault.

The Older Brother: Gobber acts in a brotherly way to Stoick, prompting Halvar and Veronika to ask if he would do this all the time. Given the choice, eleven-year-old Gobber agrees, and is supported by the Haddocks. Gobber gets the chance not only to see to Stoick, but to know his Chief and Chieftess better.

Broken Promises: Shortly after Stoick’s seventh birthday, Veronika starts spoiling 4 1/2 year old Flint. She treats him as if he is younger than his age. She uses Stoick to please him, and Stoick always loses something when Flint gets something. Veronika makes Stoick watch his brother for long stretches of time, disregarding Stoick’s duties and work. Flint takes advantage of the situation, getting Stoick into Veronika’s ill graces. She causes a rip in the fabric of their family, with her and Flint on one side, and Stoick, Flint, and Brenna on the other.

This story has multiple chapters.

§ § §


Out of Patience: Stoick, age nine, endures another visit by thirteen year old Oswald. After years of torment from Oswald, Stoick tells him off and the Hooligans, Meatheads, and Bog Burglars support him. This is a chapter length fic.

Alvin: A new boy, Alvin, arrives on Berk. Alvin is eleven and Stoick just turned twelve. Stoick shows him around, never mentioning he’s the heir, just to have a normal time as a boy.

Mercy:Stoick almost breaks the peace of the Thing. Gobber drags him off to tear strips off of him. He tells Stoick he wants to beat him, but won’t because he has to look good for the Thing. Gobber has no plan to beat him, but Stoick volunteers if Gobber leaves him unmarked. It is a new level of maturity/responsibility, and Gobber reports it to the Chief in private.

Stoick Ran: Stoick rescues a girl from a beating. He delivers her, then looks for someone to assist Gothi. The only girl who doesn’t say no is a lass named Valka. This is Stoick’s first interaction with her.

The Weapon: Stoick, age eighteen, tries to get Valka, age eleven, weapons training and assimilate into the Hooligan tribe after her relocation to Berk.


Coming Home: Stoick, married for seven months, unthinkingly tells Valka her cooking is terrible.


§ § §




Through Grief and Beyond: Stoick in the aftermath of losing Valka during Hiccup’s infancy.

I Will Make You Proud: Stoick observes Hiccup, age four, and realizes his son can pay attention. Stoick begins his academic education.


A Place to Be: Gobber arranges a place in the forge for Hiccup, age five, to visit, and has a stool custom made for him. Hiccup can be in the smithy, but must stay put.

Treasure Chests: Stoick lets a bored five year old Hiccup pick one item from Stoick’s personal possessions. He chooses Grandma Ragna’s kitchen book, and is fascinated by it.


Correction, part two: Stoick awakens from his nightmare, and checks on a sleeping six-year-old Hiccup.

Breakage: The alternative to Hope and Heir.Hiccup, age six-and-half, disobeys and risks his life. Stoick delivers his first spanking, but grants Hiccup some leniency. Hiccup learns this and is troubled. He pleads with Stoick to tell his story, pointing out a Chief must be just. Stoick disciplines him as a father to a son, not a Chief to his Heir. Diverges from the opening part of the story early.

Hope and Heir: The alternative to Breakage Hiccup, age six-and-a-half, disobeys and risks his life. Stoick delivers his first spanking, but grants Hiccup some leniency. Hiccup learns this and is troubled. He pleads with Stoick to tell his story, calling on his Chief to be fair. Stoick is the Chief and uses Chief’s Trial on his son.


Ready for Tomorrow: Stoick prepares his son for being shamed by the tribe, and teaches him a little Haddock Sign to help him.

The Council: Follows immediately after Hope and Heir. Hiccup appears before the council to tell them all he has done wrong.

Getting to Work: Confined to the village after the events of Breakage, Hiccup is restless and bored. Gobber gives him work to do. The villagers realize he is capable of working and Gobber sees Hiccup has the makings of a good apprentice.

Hiccup the Useful: Confined to the village after the events of Breakage/H&H, Hiccup decides to follow every possible rule. Circumstances conspire to keep him trapped and give him nothing to do.

The Snoggletog Gift: For Snoggletog, Hiccup, two months shy of his seventh birthday, gets the gift of an apprenticeship with Gobber.

Looking Back, chapter two. Hiccup’s first day at the forge.

The Apprentice: Hiccup, Gobber’s assistant at the forge until his seventh birthday, gets bored by tedious chores instead of doing real smithing work. Gobber notes this, talks to him, then leaves to do something, making Hiccup to sit and think in his absence.


At Fault: Stoick investigates a complaint against Gobber. Hiccup is seven.

Moronic: Hiccup, seven and three quarters, is taken to see Gothi with a fractured wrist. Gothi questions him and learns Hiccup is being injured by other children and chased away from his father during mealtimes by villagers who want to bug Stoick about tribal matters.

The Qualities of a Hero: Hiccup, age 7-8, asks what weapon is best for a hero to use. Stoick tells him it is not the weapon, but the character that makes a hero. As Stoick outlines each quality, Gobber thinks of times Hiccup has displayed these virtues.
Hiccup’s Day Hiccup, age nine or ten, attempts to be a better Viking, this time by mastering the art of striding.
© Copyright 2020 Whiskerfaceschoolsout! (whiskerface at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2214891-Timeline-HTTYD-Stories