*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2120599-A-working-life
Rated: E · Short Story · Experience · #2120599
Working and working and working
Emily is always working. In her childhood she worked on schoolwork no matter what. She worked and she worked, and got into a good college. Then she worked and worked some more to get good grades at the college. After she graduated she immediately found work. As a civil engineer. This changed nothing though as she still spent her days working and working. Over the years she climbed up the ladder in the company. Until she had worked so much she was at the top. When she got their. Well she just worked. She worked and worked and worked. Until, until she died. Half a year after her death she was almost forgotten. She had worked so much, but she never really did anything. She wasn't happy either as all she did was work. She never married either as she was too busy working. She never talked to her family ever much less visit them. She was successful in work, but was she successful in life?

© Copyright 2017 !!!!!!!!! (davidbowie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2120599-A-working-life