*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2114989-Heavens-Pillar-Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Supernatural · #2114989
A Devilish Child seeks to build his kingdom by destroying what's left of Gilder's peace.

Heaven's Pillar

The King and the Peasant

Part 2

Chapter 2

Genre: Action, Adventure, Horror, Supernatural, Shounen

Chapter 2-1 Dawn of the Rebellion

A few days has passed since Bryan asserted his authority over the school. For him it was a grandiose time, but little did this king know that there was an uprising brewing. Gilder was not someone who takes a beating lightly, and from that day began to train his reflexes he would not be taken down by cheap tricks again. Every morning Gilder called Aria to the creek where they would train. Aria was given a stick and her job was to try to strike Gilder as hard as she could, and he would dodge.

Aria: "Are you sure about this?"

She looked at Gilder and he was covered with a few bruises but his eyes were filled with an unwavering determination.

Gilder: "Keep going, I need to hone my body to deal with any challenge."

Aria: "But you look kind of hurt."

Gilder: "Don't worry about me just pretend I'm a burglar and hit me with everything you got."

Aria: "... Okay."

She lifts her stick and charges Gilder she swings it down and Gilder manages to dodge. He then attempts to grab at the stick but Aria kicks back hitting Gilder in the nose causing it to bleed. She pauses for a moment assessing whether or not she just did something that would get her in trouble. Gilder simply made a gesture reassuring her that it was okay. They continued their training, and unbeknownst to them they weren't training in private; no instead they had a guest a young boy with darker skin known as Royce Rococo. If Bryan was the King than Royce was his chief priest, they boy was always around Bryan and was always willing to whip the other kids into his favor. Royce was a born liar along with Bryan and together the two were a great nuisance to any child in the small town of Lorraine. Royce stared on at Gilder and his sister and he knew that Gilder posed a threat to their kingdom. He had to warn him.

Chapter 2-2 To detain a hero

Back at the school Bryan was standing at the top of the jungle gym looking out from the tower drinking some grape juice and wowing a couple girls with a coin trick. He would flick the coin in the air and catch it on the straw of his drink. Having the coin roll on its side down the straw to the box and then to his finger. He would spin the coin flipping it into the air and catching it on the tip of his nose. The two 12 year old were greatly amazing at Bryan's abilities clapping to his apparent awesomeness. It was then that Royce climb up the stairs seeing Bryan bask in the glory of his groupies. When he arose Bryan took notice of him and gestured the girls away and they slide down the slide leaving the two alone.

Bryan: "Ah Royce what brings you here?"

Royce: "It's Gilder..."

Bryan: "What is the little peasant wetting his bed or something."

Royce: "No he's training."

Bryan: "Training?"

Royce: "Yes every day he and his new sister train she attacks him with a stick and he defends against it, and sir it seems that in his most recent trainings the stick causes him no pain."

Bryan began to grit his teeth and his crushed his small drink of juice. This news angered him no it frighten him. He had hoped his attack would scare Gilder into submission but it didn't. The boy was now training, practicing and preparing himself against Bryan. The idea that Gilder was eventually coming for him frighten him tremendously the thought of Gilder pummeling him to the ground nearly made him shake. His distress was now becoming apparent Bryan was scratching his ear, his eyes has gone red and he began to sweat. Royce took notice of his idol in distress and spoke.

Royce: "Bryan do not threat. We can contain him."

Bryan: "How?"

Royce: "Simple we do what we always do to those who cause you trouble."

A grin stretched cheek to cheek on Bryan's face as he knew well as to what Royce was suggesting.

Bryan: "Ah Royce right... prepare a rumor... no we need an incident something that will get that peasant suspended or better yet expelled. I don't care who you have to bribe or what deal you have to make just find me someone who can take him down."

Royce: "As you wish my king."

It was once again recess time, Gilder and Aria had ventured to the sandy area in the middle of the playground. Aria called herself trying to make a sandcastle; she saw people do it on TV all the time, but she forgot that you needed water to make the sand stick. Well she didn't forget this she simply didn't know it so she was mostly just making piles of sand with no distinct shape to them. Gilder "played" in his usual manner which was mostly just standing next to Aria and listening to her when she engaged in idle chatter. In many ways Gilder seemed like a boring person, but he just wasn't as high energy as most children, he understood the concept of fun he just didn't feel like playing games all the time. Despite appearances though Gilder did enjoy listening, to him this was fun. Hearing his sister yammer on about whatever random thing passed through her mind relaxed Gilder, and in a way constituted as his fun. Aria never truly minded Gilder's silence at least he was someone who listened to her, and unlike her imaginary friends he was real.

The two continued their games for a while eventually becoming oblivious to their surroundings. Without their knowing a new figure was making its approach to the group. This figure was a girl one closer to Gilder's age, and who has experience the mysterious dynamic of human genetics in their youth. She as most girls was experiencing early growth spurts being just at the tail end of the period were girls were typically taller than the boys. And this girl in particular was tall even among her peers. She was nearly two heads taller than Gilder, and likely had the strength to lift him up. This girl with long flowing red hair was known as Adela Gothic, and similar to Bryan Baroque she was in her own way a pain. Though she was not malicious like Bryan was, she was just rough in her manner of play similar to most children of this age. Aria was too but her shorter, clumsier nature made her harmless at least to someone like Gilder. But Adela was a different category all to her own.

Gilder almost felt a shadow loom over him as he turned to look at a tall and devious face. Without warning Adela grabbed Gilder wrapping her arms around him and lifting him up. She had placed Gilder in a bear hug and she pinned his arms preventing them from moving. Gilder at first experienced a great since of confusion being hoisted up in the air so fast. But when he noticed his feet where no longer touching the ground his confusion turned a mixture of fear and anger. He began utter a word to demand her to let him got but she simply squeezed with great force, a force so great it forced the air out of his chest preventing him from speaking. It was about this time that Aria took notice of the situation seeing her new brother in distress.

In the distance from atop the jungle gym tower Bryan watched with utter amusement. He and Royce watched as Gilder struggled to break free from the bear hug while Aria protested the whole situation. Bryan smiled and looked to his cohort taking a triumphant pose.

Bryan: "Ah this could not be any better, The perfect situation, the perfect trap. Society has locked you in one of life's most unfair of situations, one that will guarantee my victory. On one hand you are being humiliated and assaulted, but should you resist, should you strike her, than the adults will mark you as a ne'er-do-well. Royce provide the icing to this cake and signal an authority figure."

Royce nodded in agreement and ran off, and Bryan turned to continue his show. Gilder was struggling and kicking around but Adela held him in a way that he would never be able to kick her.

Gilder: "Let me go!"

His voice roared with anger and his skin reddens. Bryan knew that Gilder couldn't take much more he was reaching a boiling point. All he needed was for Gilder to strike back than he could easily have the teacher remove him from school. Bryan had used this tactic many times he calculated all the variables and he knew Adela well enough to trust that she would stick to the plan even if it meant her own suspension. Besides adults are so simple minded all they needed were a few words from Bryan the saintly angel of the school. It's a shame that they can never see children as the demons they truly are.

Gilder: "I said let me go!"

Adela: "come on it's just a friendly hug."

She squeezes tighter constricting Gilder and making it difficult to breath. Bryan grin grew cheek to cheek seeing this Gilder was getting his comeuppance for standing up to him. This would show this peasant the pecking order around here. These were Bryan's thoughts till he noticed that Gilder had locked eyes with him. That stare... that absolutely terrifying stare... it was so cold. Bryan felt sick to his stomach, and he had no real idea as to why. Gilder was restrained obviously by someone stronger than him. The teacher was coming and he would doctor the story he always did to defeat his opponents. But somehow this thought didn't settle his stomach. Gilder's stare was just too piercing.

Bryan: *That Royce better get back here quick the less I have to look at him the better. wait what is he doing.*

Gilder's body began to become limp and his head dropped down his body stopped struggling. He wasn't moving could it be possible that he passed out. This was Bryan's first thought, but when he noticed that Adela shocked and confused was loosening her grip he had another thought.

Bryan: "DON"T LET HIM GO!!!!!!!!!"

he yelled across the playground but it was too late Gilder was dropping, and as soon as his feet touched the ground he propelled himself forward immediately leaving Adela's range. She attempted to chase him down but Aria threw herself into Adela while Gilder charged towards the jungle gym and climbed it with the skill of a professional survivalist. Bryan frighten backed up attempting to retreat to the slide. But Gilder was faster; he climbed over the railing and ran straight to Bryan. No words were exchanged simply the unbridled rage of Gilder's fist colliding with Bryan's face sending him straight down the slide. His nose bleeding the young king slide his way back to the bottom plowing into the sand. In his pitiful state he looked up at Gilder who stood at the top of the tower staring down at him. This image terrified him and angered him at the same time.

Bryan: *How dare he.... how dare he stand there. Stand there like he's something. How dare he think he's greater than me!*

Royce: "Bryan!"

He turned to see his cohort with a teacher with him. He won... this was all Bryan thought. He had won, Bryan worked up some tears and ran towards the teacher pointing to Gilder. Gilder was not a person of words like Bryan, and he wasn't able to convince the teachers his side of the story. Gilder found himself suspended for a few days. At home Gilder continued his studies, Mr. Sonata was not a very strict man and he believed his kids when they said Bryan instigated the conflict so he more or less ignored it. Bryan went back to being king at the school for the time being. No one questioned him and everyone respected him. But suspension doesn't last forever and the reprobate as Bryan called him returned reading his book as he traveled down the hallways. Bryan stopped him before he entered class blocking him off with his usual band of goons.

With a smug smile Bryan stretch out his hand. He had a joy buzzer hidden in it and he planned to make Gilder look like fool on his return to school.

Bryan: "Welcome back Gilder, what do you say let bygones be bygones."

Gilder merely stared at Bryan's hand and then looked back at him. He then began to walk past Bryan towards his class. As they passed he let out a simple chilling phrase.

Gilder: "If you mess with me or my sister again you'll regret it."

With that he passes on to his classroom. The anger emanating from the egotistical tyrant almost produced its own aura around Bryan. How could this new student who was just suspended by Bryan's actions act like it didn't even matter. How could the knowledge that the teachers and society would always side with him and not this new kid not break him? Bryan was quickly beginning to understand that Gilder was not like any other person he had ever encountered.

Bryan knew little of what to do, Gilder already had no friends, and seeing that he had no problems punching out Bryan made most of the school kind of afraid of him. Bryan couldn't simple bully the kid like he normally did. This infuriated him to no end, it infuriated him simply because Gilder was someone he couldn't control, and everyone and everything had to be controlled by Bryan. That day Bryan decided to do something extremely foolish, he was admittedly afraid of Gilder, but he was also angry. That day Gilder stayed after school in order to study, forcing Aria to go home alone again. She had done this during the suspension and even before Gilder arrived but this day would be different than the others. Bryan was angry today, and she would bear the brunt of this.

As Aria neared the creek to her home she saw 3 boys appear over the horizon. They rushed her and picked her up taking her to the creek and threw her in. they then took everything out of her bags and threw them at her as she sat there in the creek. When they ran out of things to throw Bryan picked up mud and flung it at Aria, tired of this she tried to climb out the creek but they kept pushing her back in. after a time Bryan grew tired of this, and they left the girl soaked with her belongings destroyed.

Chapter 2-3 Retribution

The next day Bryan was playing basketball at a community lot with his friends, enjoying their "triumph". Before long they heard the sounds of the chained door opening as a new figure entered the lot burning with a frightening aura. This boy was Gilder and he stood there with his muscles tense and his eyes darken with fury.

Gilder: "BRYAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

His voiced echoed with fury, and it attracted the attention of some of the local kids. Bryan was unsettled by Gilder's sudden appearance, but it's not like he wasn't ready. It was now time to show who was king of this school.

Bryan: "Tell me Gilder have you come to fight me. Don't think that because you were able to get a lucky shot before that that means you'll be able to best me now. You see Gilder, I'm a boxer, my father pays for the lessons, and because of this I'm quite the precision fighter."

Gilder: "if that's so than fight me here and now. Show me just how strong you really are."

A crowd began to form of the various students from their school, it was do or die now. The fight had to commence.

Bryan: "if you really think you can handle this than come and get it!"

End of chapter 2



© Copyright 2017 omegasmash (omegasmash at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2114989-Heavens-Pillar-Chapter-2