*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2114986-Heavens-Pillar-Chapter-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Supernatural · #2114986
The Death of Gilder's family sets him on a long and tragic journey to find Heaven's Pillar



Heaven's Pillar

The King and the Peasant

Part 1

Chapter 1

Genre: Action, Adventure, Horror, Supernatural, Shounen



Name: (actions) "spoken phrase" *thoughts*





Chapter 1-1 Midnight Drive

In the middle of a rhythmic night a single car went zooming down the roads of the city. Within the back of this car was a young boy relaxing in a midnight drive with his parents. Their destination meant very little to the boy he just love the feeling of movement so late in the night, staring out the windows seeing the various lights and signs swirl and twist into an array of beautiful colors swirling around the atmospheric drive. It was moments like these that the boy loved more than anything else just a quite relaxing drive with the family. The boy, feeling so content and safe began to slowly close his eyes drifting into a light sleep. His eyes now closed, his breath shallowed as his muscles relaxed and just as the beginning formations of a dream was making itself apparent he felt an incredible force, and for a short moment he felt his body lift up and fly through the air. Then he felt another force, this one struck him like a wall and cut into his body as he seemed to burst through it. Then he felt fresh air as his flight came to an abrupt end.

The boy opened his eyes peering over his body it was bloody all over and glass dug into his body, the boy peered further and he saw two cars lodged into one another, and in one he saw an image that he never wished to see. The boy felt weak from both his wounds and staring at this image, and slowly his eyes closed again.

Chapter 1-2 Quiet life in Lorraine

A few months later the boy found himself standing alone in front of a large oak door. This Oak door was attached to a humble sized house not too large nor was it too small. The boy stared at the door carrying only his backpack filled with his personal belongings, and a letter in his hand. With nervous contentment he stretched out his hand to knock on the door. Some time passed and then a tall Japanese man opened the door looking down at the young blond caucasian boy. The boy handed the man his letter, and he began to read it.

Man: "So you must be Gilder, you know me and your father were once good friends. If it's alright with you little guy I'd like to take the responsibility of watching over you."

The man was a very happy and polite person, Gilder was sent here knowing that he would have to live in this new atmosphere regardless of how he felt, but the idea of choice did make him feel nice. Gilder nodded his head towards the older man and he was brought into the house. The Inside seemed like a relatively decent place, it was kind of messy though, filled with clutter,CD's and posters scattered around the house. It seems that the man had a liking for jazz, and other smooth beat music.

The man extended his hand out to the boy, and Gilder returned a soft hearted hand shake.

Man: "My name is Sonata Arakaki; you're allowed to keep your last name if you wish, as a way of respecting your family."

Gilder: "Thank you Mr. Arakaki."

Sonata: "Please my father's called that, just call me Sonata, or Mr. Sonata would be a better feel."

Gilder: "Okay Mr. Sonata."

Mr. Sonata gestures Gilder to sit on the couch, and so the boy goes there. He sits himself near a large pile of clothing taking a moment to relax and stares at the wall since there was very little to do besides this. Just as he began to close his eye he was suddenly jolted when a figure burst from the clothing pile and wrapped its arms around Gilder. He awoke looking to his side seeing a young Japanese girl clinging to him with a goofy smile.

Girl: "Daddy you finally got me a brother. I always wanted a brother. Although I'd thought he'd look more like me."

Mr. Sonata: "This is Gilder he's the son of an old friend of mine. Treat him nicely Aria, and remember he's not a toy."

Aria: "Okay dad. Hey Mr. Gilder want to go on an adventure?"

Gilder: "umm... sure I guess."

Chapter 1-3 Here comes the King

The two ran out towards a small sloped creek at the edge of their neighborhood. It was the late 60s and back then kids didn't really go to arcades or play online for entertainment. Instead they gathered joy through the simple act of imagination, coupled with sticks and rocks.

Aria: "Alright new brother I want you to go up that tree and get a stick."

He looks up the large tree, and then back down to the girl.

Gilder: "What do we need a stick for?"

Aria: "They're sturdy just go up there."

A few minutes later Gilder began inching his way up the tree. Aria was simply watching him from the ground eating gummy worms. Every now and then Gilder looked down and she would give a thumb up.

Aria: (mouth full of gummy worms) "Make sure to get two."

Gilder manages to break a stick from the tree and tosses its down towards Aria. He then pulls one more and drops down perfectly landing on his feet.

Aria: (mouth still full) "Wow you're like a cat new big brother."

As she speaks bits of stuff flies out her mouth.

Gilder: "So what are we going to do with these sticks?"

She quickly grabs one and examines it giving off an evil grin.

Aria: "We play pirates!"

As she yells she immediately swings down at Gilder who expertly blocks her attack with his own stick surprising her greatly.

Gilder: "Isn't this a dangerous game?"

Aria: "Wow you move fast. (She points behind Gilder) Look there!"

Gilder turns to look as Aria swings at him. He manages to still block while looking the other way.

Gilder: "I don't see anything."

Aria: "Ah come on."

Gilder: "Are you sure you don't want to play another game."

Aria: "No I've finally found me a worthy opponent."

Aria was a very energized child to the point of being near dangerous, and she fought with a nature nearly as wild as her spirit; Gilder on the other hand was a very stable and structured kid, who was okay with going with the flow, but also understood how to not put enough force in his swings to hurt someone. The two roughed housed throughout most of the day running up and down the creek doing virtually whatever they felt like, and it was all fun and peaceful till a group of boys around Gilder's age came walking up the creek.

In the middle of the group was a boy with brown hair and a devious look of smug egotism. With his hands in his pockets he walked up to Gilder and Aria as they played their games.

Brown haired Boy: "Look at what we have here the little troll doll found herself a companion."

Aria: "Go away Bryan no one wants to play with you."

Bryan: "Oh no the poor kid doesn't want to play with me what ever will I do."

The two boys with him begin to laugh in unison mocking the little girl

Suddenly Bryan grasps the wrist of Aria, gripping it tightly. Gilder almost instinctively pushes the boy away from Aria and takes a protective positive in front of her, placing himself between her and the three boys.

Gilder: "She said she doesn't want to play with you."

Bryan: "Who do we have here; I don't think I've seen you before."

Aria: "This is my new big brother, and he won't tolerate bullies like you."

Bryan: (eerily calm) "Is that so?"

Gilder: "I don't want any trouble."

Aria: "Yeah you don't want to mess with him, he's tougher than like a thousand of you."

At this moment all Gilder couldn't think of why Aria was constantly trying to build him up. He knew it was a three against one, maybe two if Aria helped, but he rather not fight at all.

Gilder: "Aria we're going home."

Bryan: "What's wrong is Chuck Rambo afraid to fight?

Gilder: "I have no reason to fight you."

Gilder begins to make his way, Aria seemed a little disappointed but ultimately followed. Gilder walked passed Bryan, whose face seemed to be a mixture of irritation and anger. Unknown to Gilder, Bryan was the most revered kid in the neighborhood, spoiled rotten, and had an ego and temper that could power the city if it could be harnessed as energy. He hated the idea of ever being challenged by anyone who considers themselves an equal to him, and more than that he hated feeling inferior to anything. With a clever smile Bryan stretched out his leg, tripping Gilder, he fell to the ground like a ton of bricks and busted his lip.

Bryan: "You should watch we're you're going, wouldn't want you getting hurt."

Feeling satisfied Bryan signaled to his friends and left. Gilder stood up staring back at the other boys before continuing home.

Chapter 1-4 Trials of the Peasant

The next day Mr. Sonata took both Gilder and Aria to school. Aria was a few years younger than Gilder so they were in different classes. Gilder took a seat towards the middle of his class, and pulled out a small book as he waited for the class to start. Slowly the children trickled into the classroom. The class was a little busy and noisy, at least until one individual entered the room, then suddenly there was silence. Gilder looked up thinking it was the teacher, but instead it was the boy from yesterday. Time froze as the two's eyes met, and Gilder could see the maliciousness in the young boy's eyes as he stared at him. Time then unfroze as a couple of girls went to gawk at Bryan, and he turned his attention to them. The teacher than came in and class progressed like normal. The students went through their various studies and the teacher even began a team building exercise with the students. She had the students introduce themselves to one another often times rotating their position in the room, as they did this the teacher found her spot on her desk and began to read something distracting herself from the class. In the far corner of the class Gilder was introducing himself to others, until the familiar brown hair boy appeared near him grasping his shoulders.

Bryan: "greetings my name is Bryan Baroque. And I'm here to make sure you understand one simple thing (he grasps harder causing a little pain) I am the king here, and you are the peasant. I control everything from this campus to your neighborhood. The adults will do whatever I ask whenever I ask because I literally sh*t gold. That means whenever I want too I can make your life a living hell. Don't want that, than follow one simple rule, don't f**k with the king. Do this and I'm sure we will get along just fine."

Bryan let go of Gilder's shoulder and went to introduce himself to someone else. Gilder pondered for a moment and went about his way as well. For the next few months the two more or less kept their distance, but one thing was very apparent between these two boys. Everyday Gilder had a very specific routine he would enter before anyone else in the class and he would read his books, and he would answer the teacher's questions and generally be a good little boy who barely interacted with his surroundings outside of work. Bryan on the other hand was a clear unadulterated tyrant. He pestered and bullied nearly everyone he saw, and he was a smooth talker to boot. Bryan was a rich boy, and because of this none of the adults bothered him, in truth many believe Bryan was a good little boy. He had the ability to put up an act for any teacher, and knew how to pick and choose his battles where he could get his fill of torture without any distinct problems. And for a while this worked Bryan did his thing and Gilder did his. That was till one day at recess.

Gilder was simply reading as always, recess was one of the few times in the day when the various grades intermingled, Aria and a few of her friends were playing around Gilder. Sometimes he joined them, but more times than naught he kind of ignored them. All seemed well till Bryan decided to test Gilder. You see Bryan was a coward and he knew what he was doing would one day make someone stand up to him. He had already frightened everyone at school in one way or another to where they would never mess with him, and his group of friends did well to discourage anyone braver. But Gilder was different, different in a manner that scared him. While everyone else had a sense of nervousness around Bryan, Gilder seemed to have none. He always seemed cool calm and collected. It seemed that he was more tolerating Bryan than intimidated by him. In his mind Bryan constantly told himself that Gilder was too afraid to mess with him, he would never stand up to be a white knight, but there was doubt in his mind. This doubt made Bryan avoid messing with Gilder's new little sister something he enjoyed so much in the past. Something he felt he couldn't live without. Bryan needed to test Gilder; he needed to be sure that he truly could do whatever he wanted whenever he wanted.

Like he did in the past he drew near Aria and grabbed at her arms trying to restrain her, and before even a second could pass, Gilder like a trained guard dog began to loom over him.

Gilder: "What are doing with her?"

He spoke these words in a very deep and cold manner, and although Bryan would never tell anyone these words chilled him a bit.

Bryan: "I'm just playing a game with her. Ain't that right Aria?"

Aria: "Make him let me go."

Bryan: "We're just rough housing."

Gilder: "Let her go and be gone."

Bryan: "Are you challenging me new kid. (His friends begin to surround Gilder but he pays them little mind) You should know I'm allowed to do whatever I want. And if it want to......"

Suddenly his sentence is cut short when Gilder jabs the boy in the face so hard that it rocks Bryan straight to the ground like a heavy weight boxer. A little blood flows from Bryan's nose and he looks up at Gilder. The other boys with Bryan simply look at Gilder awe struck surprised to see him actually fight back.

Bryan: "you......... you hit me?"

The spoiled child began to tear up and cry, Gilder didn't quite know how to respond to this, but it would appear that the bully had enough and wasn't going to be a problem. Trying to be the better man Gilder stuck his hand out offering to help Bryan off the ground. Bryan gave off a pathetic smile almost as if he was surprised Gilder would help him at this moment. Bryan stuck out his hand and grabbed Gilder, and Gilder began to pull lifting Bryan up. As he rose to his feet Gilder was able to notice a change, the smile Bryan had turned ever so sinister, and it was then that he noticed Bryan's free hand was hidden behind his back. Before Gilder could complete his next thought he felt something hard strike his skull and he could feel the blood ooze out his head. Gilder's body went limp and collapsed to the ground.

It was dark for quite a while but Gilder could feel that something was touching him. Gilder tried his hardest to move but his body just wasn't reacting at the moment. Not wanting to let his body get the best of him Gilder continued to try to sit up or stand. It was difficult to tell if he was actually moving in real life or not, but the constant shuffling made his muscles ache like they were going through a blender. Gilder then decided to simply focus on his eyes trying his hardest to force them open. It still hurt but was more manageable than anything else, slowly his eyes open and the darkness was replaced with vision. Eyes now open Gilder notice he was still laying in the playground in the middle of the grass his body was bleeding and covered with bruises, and the only one still with him was Aria.

Gilder: "What happened?"

He spoke with a weak voice that was so low Aria almost didn't hear him.

Aria: "Bryan hit you in the head with a wrench and when you passed out he and his friends began to beat you."

Gilder: "What time is it?"

Aria: "Well the sun's beginning to set so classes are over I'd say it's after four."

Gilder: "Let's go home Aria."

He stood to his feet obviously injured and began his way home. Aria offered to help but he refused it. The two took a long walk home and began to rest, Meanwhile Bryan at his home no at his mansion threw a party with his friends celebrating his victory. The boy was of wealth and his family was away. He invited the whole school to drink and have fun he cared not for how young they were, he was simply basking in his own glory. Looking upon the crowd, his subjects which were now more afraid of him than before. Sure his tactic was underhanded but to him it was necessary he couldn't go around appearing weak in front of his subjects. It was his job his role to keep them in line and Bryan expected to keep his subjects in line for a very long time.

End of chapter 1

© Copyright 2017 omegasmash (omegasmash at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2114986-Heavens-Pillar-Chapter-1