*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2083056-What-home-could-be
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #2083056
A short writing about a fictional home
There's a place for everything, and everyone. I know what that place looks like for me. When you first walk up to it, you notice the big yard and old trees. Those trees have seen what this place was like for more than two-hundred years and all of the changes that have taken place. This house was not always here, the spiraling pillars that flank the french-door entrance weren't always so inviting. And though wild flowers grew here before, the morning glory and tulips didn't always flaunt their dazzling colors so boldly in the golden light from our own sun. This place I have dreamed of for so long, to see the cool white marble sills beneath the wide windows is something to really admire. There are many rooms in this house, though when you first come in you'll be greeted by the vaulted ceiling and crystal chandelier. This large living room feels balanced with a handcrafted fireplace at its center.

But just off to the left you'll see a room a spend much of my time in, a cozy study. Though not as expansive as many of the other rooms, the warmth here is truly satisfying. The dark stained wood tells you a story though the very grains that race across the surface, it reminds you of the very nature that is outside. This embrace of nature is only amplified by the carved rosewood door frames and molding. This is my sanctuary from the world when I want to seclude myself but it is not my only one.

There is a door that leads out to a sprawling garden when you pass through the first ivy covered gate you'll find yourself enveloped by tall evergreen bushes, and the soft song of birds against the calming sound of water spouting out of a fountain. From here you can see the back of the house, and the balcony of the master bedroom. Closer to the end of the garden you'll find an in-ground pool, with an integrated hot tub. At night, though, is when you'll really have a sight to behold. The night lights don't drown out the reflection of the stars on the water, and it feels like you're drifting through a starry river out in the cosmos.

You can be sure that after a busy day, one can have quite the appetite. So I'd invite you to my kitchen. Deep green marble tiled counters top the custom made mahogany cabinets, and they're complemented by the bright silver appliances. The recessed lights in the ceiling provide a nice bright fill while the hanging lights give ambiance. Large paned windows sit opposite to the oven allowing you to view the tree line and city in the distance. I'd love to tell you more about it but I must get back to my study, I have something to write.
© Copyright 2016 D.L. King (3inchescloser at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2083056-What-home-could-be