*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2070314-Welcome-to-the-New-Year
by QPdoll
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2070314
Write a story that includes the words: cat, date, diary
She got up this morning feeling a little dizzy. It was a fun New Year's Eve party but having drank a little too much didn't make for a great morning.

She stumbled her way to the kitchen just as the phone rang.

"Hello?" she answered quietly.

"Patty?"

"Yes."

"Hi, Patty. It's Greg. Greg from the party last night. You may not remember giving me your number. I hope I'm not calling you too early."

"Hi, Greg. No, no, this is fine. I remember giving you my number."

"I really had a great time with you Patty. Would you want to go on a date with me tonight?"

As Patty sat down, her cat hopped up onto her lap.

"Sure, I'd love to go out with you tonight. What time?"

"How does seven sound?"

"Seven sounds great."

"Okay. There's that new restaurant that opened last month. Have you been to it yet? It's called MontePesto?"

Smiling, she answered, "No, I haven't been to the restaurant yet. That sounds nice."

"Great. Alright then. I'll, uh, I'll see you tonight."

"Right. I'll see you then."

She hung up the phone and sat still, thinking. After a few minutes she went into her room to write.

"Dear Diary. Happy New Year!"
© Copyright 2016 QPdoll (eager2write at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2070314-Welcome-to-the-New-Year