*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2064433-A-Band-and-Their-Fans
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Teen · #2064433
A band sees the impact they have on their fans.
Gather around, boys and girls, I'm going to tell you a story. This story is about a band, a band who has no idea how much they changed their fans' lives, but then, one night, at a concert, they were singing their favorite song, about overcoming a difficult task. In the beginning of the song the band members looked out into the audience and each saw a different fan, each saw a different story.
The drummer saw a teenage boy, dressed in a pair of jeans and one of their band hoodies. His hood was up and his long dark brown hair partially hid his black eye, but did not hide it enough for the drummer not to see it. The drummer looked into the boys eyes and read his story. He saw the boy, walking down the street, same hoodie, head down, a back pack slugged over his shoulder. He was walking slowly, he did not want to go where he was heading. The boy walked up to a small shabby little house, most people would of thought it was abandoned, but no it was the hell house the boy called home. He walked through the door, he could hear a radio playing and his nose was immediately struck with the strong of a liquor, he knew his father was home. Within seconds, a large drunk man stumbled into the living room, a threw his almost empty bottle at the boy's head. He ducked, just in time for the bottle to miss him and shattered against the wall behind him. The man growled hatred, before throwing a punch at his son. The boy fell to the ground. Tears started to poor. The man continued the abuse.
The guitar player saw a girl, wearing a band tee and sweat pants. She also hand bracelets all up and down her wrists, covering the marks, but not good enough. The guitar player stared into her eyes, he saw her past. He saw her wearing the same shirt, crying, sitting on her school's bathroom floor. She was tired, sick, ready to give up. Her iPod was blaring her playlist through her headphones. She reached into her bag and pulled out a small knife, and pressed it against her skin. Tears streamed down her face, as blood streamed out of her wrists. Each cut took the pain away, each drop of blood that fell meant one less tear.
The lead singer also saw a girl, but she was wearing a simple black sweater over a band shirt. There was nothing that really stood out about her like the other two, but somehow the lead singer still glanced into her eyes, and saw her story. He saw her same shirt, walking through a neighborhood, hands in her pockets, head down. She passed an alley, and suddenly, two men emerged from the same alley, faces covered. She sensed someone was behind her and turned around, only to have one of the men land a punch to her stomach, knocking her to the ground. One of the men aimed a gun at her head, while the other quickly grabbed her bag, which had all of her money and her phone in it, and started to run away, leaving the girl there.
Suddenly each of the band members heard their song, the song that they were playing right at that moment, but it was not at the concert that they heard it from.
The drummer heard it coming over the static of the boy's father's radio, and suddenly he saw himself, standing in between the boy and the father. The drummer watched himself punch the boy's abuser, although her never remembered doing that, he never even saw the boy before in his life. Then, without warning, the drummer disappeared, and it was just the dad writhing in pain on the floor and the boy standing over him, with his fist clenched, blood on his knuckles.
The guitar player heard the girl's iPod abruptly switch to their song, and someone grabbed the knife out of her hands, he did. He grabbed the knife and threw it out the window, and hugged her, tightly, but he could not remember when he it happened. Then, all of a sudden, he vanished, and it was just the girl, wrist bleed, and the knife was out the window.
The lead singer watched the girl lay motionless, and suddenly her phone started to ring from her bag, as the thieves were running. Her ringtone was their song, the same song they were playing, the same song that played over the radio, the same song that played over the girl's iPod. Then, the lead singer appeared out of no where, the one man pointed his gun at him, but he grabbed the gun out of the man's hands. The other man threw a punch at him, hitting him in the stomach, same as her, but the singer took the gun and shot his leg. His body collapse to the ground, as the singer shot another bullet at the other man. As the man fell to the ground, the lead singer disappeared, just as suddenly as he appeared, and it was the girl standing with the gun, with both men, neither dead, just injured.
Each member of the band left that concert with their lives changed, just like each of the fans' that they saw. Each member realized that the impact their music had. They each saw a different story, never spoke a word of it to anyone, not even each other, but they each knew that they had changed just those three fans' life, and then each knew that they had changed more than just that one fan.
© Copyright 2015 Ally Hart (allytheweirdo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2064433-A-Band-and-Their-Fans