*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2044842-The-Unseen-Enemy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2044842
Fighting a spiritual battle

It seemed like everything was against her. The deadline to apply for the position was today. Her car wouldn’t start so she couldn’t go fax her resume. Her computer wouldn’t turn on so she couldn’t email it to them. She looked around her tiny cramped apartment in despair. Her gaze fell on her meditation area. She couldn’t pull her gaze away from it. Meditating was the last thing she wanted to do right now, but maybe that was exactly what she needed to do. She walked over to the meditation area and took off her shoes. She sat down, closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Slowly she let it out. She did this a few more times. Then she started chanting, “Get out of my way. Get out of my way.” Over and over again. At first this started as a whisper, barely audible. But Bethany’s spirit knew this was what she needed to do. The chant grew louder and louder until she was screaming at the top of her lungs. Her body convulsing each time she screamed the chant. Over and over again until suddenly, Bethany felt a shift in the atmosphere, something did move. Bethany continued to sit there with her eyes closed just taking deep breaths. She felt a sense of peace wash over her. She knew everything was going to be alright.

231 words
© Copyright 2015 Tricia Reich (preich at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2044842-The-Unseen-Enemy